Things you would never ever wear

Ekona

Oh! and the one i forgot....pajamas in the middle of the day...seems to be a Norfolk thing, strangest thing i have ever seen when i first moved here was somebody cutting their grass on a freezing cold, frosty day wearing a dressing gown and pajamas. :wacko:

Norfolk,Norwich what do you expect it's all six toe country :)

+1 on skinnies. Look ridiculous and I have various things that wouldn't fit in them even if I tried. Also enhances the confusion on whether people i see walking down the street are male or female, which isn't helped by the fact that everyone (male) I know who wears skinnies, wears (or used to wear) women's skinnies (for some stupid reason I didn't listen to).

Re skinny jeans. I once tried on a pair by mistake......

I'd been summoned to London last minute on a business trip and packed an overnight bag with the usual stuff and also some casual clothes for the evening.....

Meetings in the day went well and decided to dash back to the hotel to get changed before having a few beers with old colleagues..... trouble was I'd picked up the OH's jeans..... they didn't even make it to my knees :lol:

I'm almost a foot taller and double her weight, I have no idea how I made that mistake. Pints and food were carefully consumed that evening as I had to go out in a suit.

Anyway after once going to Fuertaventura for a bit of winter sun and seeing a group of middle aged German naturalists I'd say I don't mind what someone wears as long as they're wearing it :surrender::lol:

+1 on skinnies. Look ridiculous and I have various things that wouldn't fit in them even if I tried. Also enhances the confusion on whether people i see walking down the street are male or female, which isn't helped by the fact that everyone (male) I know who wears skinnies, wears (or used to wear) women's skinnies (for some stupid reason I didn't listen to).

Because you a cis white male by not wearing female clothes your for oppression :lol:

Any item of clothing with a Ferrari badge on it. It all just looks so amazingly tacky.

Superdry clothing. More chav than Burberry ever was.

A hat (other than a baseball cap worn purely to keep the sun off my face when out and about). I'd love to get a nice fedora and strut around like a boss, but every one I've ever tried makes me look like a kid who has pinched his Dad's hat for Dressing Up Day at primary school. :(

• Anything North Face, if you're not actually on the North Face of anything.
  • No socks, except with flip flops.
  • Any trouser cut which displays mankle.
  • Belt and shoes which don't match.
  • Top button done up with no tie.

PS - You can't moan about any brand at all being chav, if you're prepared to wear a baseball cap under any circumstances! And this is soooo not about the Ferrari badge on my Oakleys ok?? They were just the best sunnies in my optician goddammit!

Did you just say it's ok to wear flip flops ? :nono:

• Like 1

Any item of clothing with a Ferrari badge on it. It all just looks so amazingly tacky.

A hat (other than a baseball cap worn purely to keep the sun off my face when out and about). I'd love to get a nice fedora and strut around like a boss, but every one I've ever tried makes me look like a kid who has pinched his Dad's hat for Dressing Up Day at primary school. :(

PS - You can't moan about any brand at all being chav, if you're prepared to wear a baseball cap under any circumstances! And this is soooo not about the Ferrari badge on my Oakleys ok?? They were just the best sunnies in my optician goddammit!

I wore flip flops for a whole year in South America, there's nothing so practical or fashionable!

I can understand wearing football shirts on gameday and if you're going to watch the match. I wouldn't wear my NFL one randomly, but for example I'm going out to watch the superbowl so I'll wear it :teeth: and to annoy you all I'll also wear a cap and skinny jeans :lol:

• Like 2

I wear my footy shirt to the match, and when i play football in the week.

...oh and on cup final day i might wear it over a hoodie when going shopping with the wife. :D

Best shouts so far are skinny jeans and burgundy chords. I just dont get these at all... :wacko:

not sure what they are called, but any trousers with the crotch half way down your leg . . just looks like you have shat yourself :shrug:

Edit - More of a "how you wear" . . .anyone who wears their trousers half way down their arse . . :yuck:

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Like 2

Anything I wore in the early 00's lol.

Looked like an eastern european pop act!

Rewind to 1992 and I was wearing a purple shell suit that my Mum bought me! :scare::blush::lol:

Luckily (for me) after another kid at my school was horribly burnt (on the leg but thankfully he recovered) at a fireworks display in his shell suit so my Mum got rid of mine. ;)

It's not looking good for me...

I have a North Face coat and a Superdry coat as well as a few other Superdry items. I have several football shirts although they are used for the gym or football. I tried on a skinny pair of jeans once, but they or I wouldn't fit... depending on your perspective. :)

I couldn't wear a vest... unless you're Bruce Willis or a Latino gangster, they look ridiculous.

• Like 1

I wore flip flops for a whole year in South America, there's nothing so practical or fashionable!

And there goes my respect for you out the window. :)

Anything I wore in the early 00's lol.

Looked like an eastern european pop act!

Rewind to 1992 and I was wearing a purple shell suit that my Mum bought me! :scare::blush::lol:

Luckily (for me) after another kid at my school was horribly burnt (on the leg but thankfully he recovered) at a fireworks display in his shell suit so my Mum got rid of mine. ;)

I can beat that. 1991 summer holiday to USA and Caribbean...

Turquoise shell suit with white back with tiger face on it and pink "Mike" trainers. Mum being from the late 1930s Lancashire logic "well it's close enough innit! Anyway when you're paying then you can complain! *slap*!

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1