Heating constantly on

alexclabbs

Hi People,

For some reason my heating is constantly blowing in my car, it only seems to be the windscreen heater that is blowing and when i change the heating on the dial it stops for 5 seconds and carries on again. Any ideas why this is happening, could it be a loose cable behind the dash? It seems that it started after a mechanic had to get behind the dash so I guess it could be a plug? Iv'e tried looking but can see anything suspicious.

Cheers,

Alex

• Like 1

Thanks for the response Paddy, I unplugged the ribbon cable from the dials back and plugged them back into white AC controller to see if there was a loose connection but that didn't do anything and the heating turns off for a few seconds when i turn the dial or switch AC on so I'm guessing its not the ribbon cable as there is a connection. Is there another cable behind the dash that is heater related?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that, so the car has been sitting on the drive for a few months now as I've been having to drive further to work. I'm out of ideas on what it could be now, from what I can see all the cables are plugged in, the ribbon cable is plugged in and the cables in the back of the control unit are too, anyone got any ideas before I have to take it to Nissan?:(

Hi Alex,

The three at the back are plugged in, that's what is baffling me as they're all plugin in on the control unit, the heater blows but when you turn a dial it stops for two seconds and starts blowing again, so unusual.