New Z

Strudul

But are people actually buying the Infiniti? Genuine question, I don't know. The Q60 is a billion miles away from the inside of a TT and a 718, and whilst it's decent it's still not up to standard (in fairness, not much is when it comes to the TT).

Never sat inside the current TT or cayman but judging by other audis and porsches I have sat in yes I would say the Infiniti is up there

I'm not convinced by Audi build quality compared to BMW merc or Lexus. For me they feel far too plasticky for a premium brand. And the one thing that put me off porsches in the past was the interior. The 996 for example- gorgeous car but that interior is horrible

• Like 1

Never sat inside the current TT or cayman but judging by other audis and porsches I have sat in yes I would say the Infiniti is up there

I'm not convinced by Audi build quality compared to BMW merc or Lexus. For me they feel far too plasticky for a premium brand. And the one thing that put me off porsches in the past was the interior. The 996 for example- gorgeous car but that interior is horrible

New TT/R8 sets the standard for modern car interiors. They're utterly flawless, every button gives the perfect feedback, just enough driver-focus on the cockpit without looking daft, and the new LCD customisable display for the centre clocks is a work of cohesive art.

996 is a dreadful design inside, but the quality of materials is immense. Pick up an 18 year old 100k mile car now and it'll look like it did when it was 1 year and 10k mile old. Merc seats are beautiful but their infotainment is garbage, i-Drive is better but still confusing, new Panamera is a huge step up and potentially up there with Audi.

Fair enough. Iv only sat in A1/3/4/5/6. They're good but not as good as their reputations IMO

If the new Z was as good as the Infiniti it would be fine

It might not have the same quality as the TT but it's not far off and will make up for it with some testosterone in the exterior design/engine :lol:

I'm not too impressed with Audi quality at the moment. Just picked up a brand new a3 and the gearshift (manual) feels very cheap and plastic. Something I never felt on the older models... to be honest driving it back to back with a MY16 Vauxhall insignia,

I would say the Vauxhall build quality feels slightly better.

I can't vouch for the new higher end Audi stuff as I haven't driven anything recently 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having scratched the V8 itch, it's more about the occasion, sorry Zedders, but for the money, Ford are peeing all over any mass producer ATM.

No innovation since the GTR, some nice dress ups of old models and all that. Infiniti are without a doubt, a quality fit and finish, but my God, they're boring to the N'th degree.

What's required is a back to basics ethos.

Can someone ban gangzoom and g man from discussions that don't involve electric cars or mustangs?

I never mentioned either :shrug: Just in case the 'banning' case gains momentum :lol:

Don't worry folks it was a joke ;)

But George you did get excited when you heard a mustang being mentioned :lol:

Who wouldn't :lol: not as exited as the person who actually mentioned it ;)

If you mean me, I wasn't excited at all. But please, go back to making yourself feel better about yourself.

• Like 1

Am I the only person who really likes the 370 interior? I walk past a newish Cayman on the way to work and while it looks like a nice enough interior, I can't say it looks miles better in either design or quality. I like the design of the Z with the dash mounted dials and while the materials aren't exactly luxury, they're far from being bad quality.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I actually sat in the Cayman but from the outside I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I do quite like the F-type's interior.

If you mean me, I wasn't excited at all. But please, go back to making yourself feel better about yourself.

Let it go man :lol:

Stop bringing it up then :wacko:

Stop bringing it up then :wacko:

Just like Basil said, 'you started it' :lol: Do you proof read your own posts?

tqdeQWK.png?1

What are those.....

They're the air vents, with the controls for them in the middle on little LCD displays which saves having separate HVAC controls elsewhere. It's genius, and works brilliantly.

If you guys genuinely think that Inifiniti or Lexus interiors are better than that, ahm oot. The quality of materials is on another level.