HID blue spot advice

scotzman

You got a pic? Ideally against a wall from a distance of like 30ft.

Hi Hodaka, Ill get a pic tomorrow, thats how i set the HIDs up, 30ft from wall then 26" hot line... but it was doing it before i set the hids level... they are new headlights from the usa ...

Scotzman, if it turns out they are LHD and not suitable for you, let me know how much you want for them. Cheers!

Hi, yea they are from the usa same as Ebay Item Number 112280174311 was told just to adjust the throw which i have done and not been flashed yet...

Scotzman, if it turns out they are LHD and not suitable for you, let me know how much you want for them. Cheers!

Depo? Or Spec-D / Junyan?

If it's the latter, it doesn't look like the bottom one on this does it?

20161010_202338_zps977dapbo.jpg

Ill post the pics up shortly with lights against the wall and blue spot

Ill post the MOT pass up in june :lol:

Ekona's right though. If your headlights are for LHD the beam pattern will be wrong, which would be a cause for failure. :( If you look at my pic above, the left hand side of the beam is higher than the right. If your headlight is for LHD, it'll be the exact opposite.

Poop picture as I couldn't be bothered to upload my own, but here's a pic from the MOT guidelines:

lights_diagram3.gif

Or if you want to take a proper look it's in section 1.8 of this PDF.

Sounds good :)

Ill post the MOT pass up in june :lol:

Ekona's right though. If your headlights are for LHD the beam pattern will be wrong, which would be a cause for failure. :( If you look at my pic above, the left hand side of the beam is higher than the right. If your headlight is for LHD, it'll be the exact opposite.

Poop picture as I couldn't be bothered to upload my own, but here's a pic from the MOT guidelines:

lights_diagram3.gif

Or if you want to take a proper look it's in section 1.8 of this PDF.

Sounds good :)

As Requested... Regards

20170126_184202.jpg

20170126_182849.jpg

Even if it does pass because you have a hooky tester, it's also bloody dangerous for others on the road who have to stare into your dazzling lights. Have a bit of respect for your fellow drivers, please :thumbs:

I have Respect for everyone and everything... my comment was tongue in cheek... why are your giving me a hard time, maybe my knowledge is lacking but i was only asking for advice/comments...

As Requested... Regards

20170126_184202.jpg

Hmmm... I'm afraid I can't really tell toooooo much from those, but it looks like you have an insanely intense hot spot. I say this not only because of the output on the wall, but also the light output on the ground. You can clearly see 2 beams, and they're both quite narrow. If that is the case, there isn't much that can be done. It's not due to bulb alignment, but more of the design of the headlight. It actually almost resembles the bad light beam that I showed you in my pic above (bottom of the 2), but slightly better as it doesn't have the circular dark patch.

Also it looks like the passenger side one is aimed very far right. I'd aim that further left if I were you.

Please take all of the above with a pinch of salt. I've been getting into headlights / projectors (weird hobby I know!), but I'm far from an expert!

In terms of pic, a little further back and against a flat wall would be ideal. Kind of like this but without bricks (if possible):

20161115_180757_zpsn4smeoxa.jpg

As Requested... Regards

20170126_184202.jpg

Hmmm... I'm afraid I can't really tell toooooo much from those, but it looks like you have an insanely intense hot spot. I say this not only because of the output on the wall, but also the light output on the ground. You can clearly see 2 beams, and they're both quite narrow. If that is the case, there isn't much that can be done. It's not due to bulb alignment, but more of the design of the headlight. It actually almost resembles the bad light beam that I showed you in my pic above (bottom of the 2), but slightly better as it doesn't have the circular dark patch.

Also it looks like the passenger side one is aimed very far right. I'd aim that further left if I were you.

Please take all of the above with a pinch of salt. I've been getting into headlights / projectors (weird hobby I know!), but I'm far from an expert!

In terms of pic, a little further back and against a flat wall would be ideal. Kind of like this but without bricks (if possible):

20161115_180757_zpsn4smeoxa.jpg

Ill get another couple of pics tomorrow, also there is a further cog below the height adjuster...Thank you for taking time to reply

Edited by scotzman

It's hard to please Hodaka with headlight pics, I still havent been able to satisfy his exacting standards either :lol:

flat carpark, night-time, far enough away, non-coloured/brick wall thats smooth etc

Your eBay link doesnt seem to work though Scotzman, you have the facelift LEDs but your Item number links to pre-facelift headlights?

Ill get another couple of pics tomorrow, also there is a further cog below the height adjuster...Thank you for taking time to reply

No probs at all, happy to help :) As I say though, I'm no expert so just bear that in mind!

It's hard to please Hodaka with headlight pics, I still havent been able to satisfy his exacting standards either :lol:

flat carpark, night-time, far enough away, non-coloured/brick wall thats smooth etc

Haha, sorry I'm a bit picky aren't I? :lol:

Your eBay link doesnt seem to work though Scotzman, you have the facelift LEDs but your Item number links to pre-facelift headlights?

Hi Sargara, they are pre-facelift lights according to the site... all u do is put the number 112280174311 in ebay search bar and it will show you the headlights, i was assured by the seller all i have to do is adjust the throw of them.. I will do as you suggested tonight with the lights. Thanks for your time

No probs at all, happy to help :) As I say though, I'm no expert so just bear that in mind!

Haha, sorry I'm a bit picky aren't I? :lol:

Not at all Hodaka, i appreciate any help.