Sparky plugs.

martinh55

I'm just changing my spark plugs. Had a search about and read Through a few guilds on here. No body seems to mention a torque setting for the new plugs. I found on 350z tech that is bitween 15 and 21ft-pounds. Does this sound right? Also I'm fitting ngk laser platinum spark plugs so I assume they are pre gapped already?

Thanks for the help in advanced because in balls deep in the engine bay! Haha

Thanks for the heads up. Just matched as close as possible how tight the old plugs where. Took the car out for a spin and it fires up fine and drives fine. I didn't over or under tighten the plugs.

I noticed some think about turns on the box. But was so blind as I was looking for a torque figure.

That torque sheet d95gas is perfect I will be printing that off and saving it to my phone and laptop. Nice one.

What are the manufacturers part numbers for these plugs (Iridium, NGK etc)? The standard ones on the Z are the same as my old 406 Coupe, the PLFR5A-11 (6240). I keep reading up about the Denso Iridium ones though. Any part numbers will be appreciated.

What are the manufacturers part numbers for these plugs (Iridium, NGK etc)? The standard ones on the Z are the same as my old 406 Coupe, the PLFR5A-11 (6240). I keep reading up about the Denso Iridium ones though. Any part numbers will be appreciated.

just dug a box out of the recycling bin you had me worried then :headhurt:

Same part number PLFR5A-11 6240

Edited by martinh55

Just get the PLFR5A-11 you mentioned. They're good for 50k easily and most Zeds would have their plugs changed before that anyway. Iridium will last 75k or so, but has a weaker spark than Platinum and hold no advantage other than longevity that I am aware of.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Do not use an impact gun on your spark plugs under any circumstances: :surrender::scare:

Not for putting new ones in obviously, but for taking them out, an impact gun is less likely to shear anything, or am I missing something?

Do not use an impact gun on your spark plugs under any circumstances: :surrender::scare:

or am I missing something?

Yes possibly a few brain cells.

Do not go near your spark plugs with an impact gun to remove or refit.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...