diy individual throttle bodies

andybp

Andy! this is great as usual - your mechanical vision is top notch :thumbs:

It seems you can take something that works, almost destroy it with your milling machine, fibre glass and weld bits of scrap to it, cover it in paint and it ends up looking like something which came from a factory.. :teeth:

Personally I would have got as far as destroy and no further :lol:

Excellent and true car forum escapism reading as always :thumbs:

I try to please Chris I would have loved to have a go on scrapheap challenge and also completely unrelated Ninja Warrior (Japanese not British)

:)

• Like 1

:thumbs:

I try to please Chris I would have loved to have a go on scrapheap challenge and also completely unrelated Ninja Warrior (Japanese not British)

Yes! I can see that you would be perfect and have epic fun at Scrapheap Challenge! Would have been a hoot to watch! :lol:

• Like 1

Brilliant thread, keep it coming. I noted you are opting of long individual trumpets. Will you need to do a cut out in the bonnet or is there room?? or are they protruding horizontally as oppose to on an angle?

• Like 1

Brilliant thread, keep it coming. I noted you are opting of long individual trumpets. Will you need to do a cut out in the bonnet or is there room?? or are they protruding horizontally as oppose to on an angle?

I'm pretty much making it up as I go along so until I try I won't know how long I can make them but definitely won't cut the bonnet gonna try to curve them back down to follow the line of the bonnet

Edited by andybp
  • Like 1

got the filler cap done for the new rocker cover

hjwxTXX.jpg

needs the sides cleaning up where I had it in the vice to tap it for the barbed fitting for filling it with oil as it won't be accessible when the throttle bodies are in place

Edited by andybp

Not to be a dick as I love this thread but isn't that fitting a bit small? You will be there for ever doing an oil change especially in the winter :surrender:

No I pump the oil in the setup I use only has 8mm pipe that fitting is 6mm ID and will fill it in about 3-4 minutes maybe a little longer in winter but not much.

• Like 1

Forgive the slight O/T, but what are the segmented conical shaped things at the top right of this picture, in the metal case?

IMG_20170316_185556_zps9ibxjuyx.jpg

They would be CNC spindle collets for clamping tools into the spindle, I only know that due to using them everyday at work ha!

• Like 1

Forgive the slight O/T, but what are the segmented conical shaped things at the top right of this picture, in the metal case?

They would be CNC spindle collets for clamping tools into the spindle, I only know that due to using them everyday at work ha!

Aha, cheers! Suppose I should have guessed at least CNC related with all the swarf in the background :-/

• Like 1

This is genuinely awesome. Again.

Can you stop making the rest of us look like lazy, useless incompetent halfwits please mate?!! :lol:

Well, I know you'll struggle with me, by it's everyone else I'm thinking of :) honestly, just love these threads.

• Like 1

^^^ this ^^^

I wired in a reverse camera the other day, I even had to dremmel some parts to make it fit. I was so pleased with my 'engineering skills' and then I catch up on one of Andy's afternoons where he's fabricated a spaceship and in his tea break turned base metal into gold.

Jealous. :lol:

• Like 4

^^^ this ^^^

I wired in a reverse camera the other day, I even had to dremmel some parts to make it fit. I was so pleased with my 'engineering skills' and then I catch up on one of Andy's afternoons where he's fabricated a spaceship and in his tea break turned base metal into gold.

Jealous. :lol:

Yea if we could keep the gold thing quiet please ;)

• Like 1

This is genuinely awesome. Again.

Can you stop making the rest of us look like lazy, useless incompetent halfwits please mate?!! :lol:

Well, I know you'll struggle with me, by it's everyone else I'm thinking of :) honestly, just love these threads.

Ooh you'd love the laser alignment setup I'm building for my CNC machine then :D

• Like 1

Just a little update I'm on plan B' welding to the remains of my lower plenum didn't go well welding to castings can go that way and it did so I'm moving on to this type of setup

post-2746-1234884373.jpg.091f9824ccc157a0b11202894ad10c3e.jpg

just waiting for some pipework to arrive

Edited by andybp
  • Like 1

I'm going to have to come visit your workshop one day, I'd love to see this kit in action and possibly help/hinder you.

are you still in hospital, I was reading your thread last night doesn't sound like fun hope you get well soon as I'd feel bad taking the P*** out of you while you're unwell