diy individual throttle bodies

andybp

Are you using a DE bonnet or have you swapped to HR? Should give you some more clearance.

Can you mount the red highlighted arms rotated 90 degrees inwards,  then flip the blue highlighted tie bars to the other side of the throttle actuator, or will everything then clip on other stuff?

oWBGCRJ.jpg?1

The oe old tb/potentiometer will need to be mounted much lower and those throttle lobes re mounted so that instead of the oe potentiometer pushing them to open the butterflies, it pulls them in. I'm picturing the lobes 180' from where they are now. Then turn the old tb 90' anticlockwise and swap the linkages, so they pull not push.

Edited by davey_83

29 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

The oe old tb/potentiometer will need to be mounted much lower and those throttle lobes re mounted so that instead of the oe potentiometer pushing them to open the butterflies, it pulls them in. I'm picturing the lobes 180' from where they are now. Then turn the old tb 90' anticlockwise and swap the linkages, so they pull not push.

The thing is that's not where I have clearance issues it's at the other end the front where the bonnet slopes down

clearance.jpg.3c7b4a686cefc106bfce63e672577bc2.jpg

:dry:

:)

Missus got fed up with me huffing

bought me some shiney toys she said I could have the jenvey's if I wanted but I didn't want to spend too much of her money it's just a toy after all so an OBX set are on the way

I like a challenge but it was just eating up too much of my time I suppose I could have put the first set I made back on but I never would have been happy with the method of mounting them

they should show up just before I have a week off in which case I'll get straight on it.

• Like 1

It's a real shame you couldn't get them working after so much time and effort, but at least you get to enjoy fitting your shiny new set, and the glorious noise =D

After all the engineering you’ve done, to be derailed by a bonnet seems incredible. Surely a man with your skills to make seemingly anything can engineer a nice big bonnet bulge? Bonnet scoops are super cool, everyone loves them!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

After all the engineering you’ve done, to be derailed by a bonnet seems incredible. Surely a man with your skills to make seemingly anything can engineer a nice big bonnet bulge? Bonnet scoops are super cool, everyone loves them!

I've no doubt that I could finish it but the other issue was the fuel rails would have to be fed from the other end I may come back to it at some point in the future but right now I just need it finished so I can do other things, I've had a complete set of polybushes sitting around for a year really need to get on. :blush:

Such a shame, you got so far into this. :console:

Have you considered rotating all the individual throttle body links so they are positioned on the outside of the common throttle bars, and so rotate downward - it would involve adapting/making new butterfly link plates for each TB, but would mean all your hard work won't go to waste.

Don't give up on it    :boxing:   .........        this has been such an inspiration

:) Draco

Edited by Dracostan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dracostan said:

Such a shame, you got so far into this. :console:

Have you considered rotating all the individual throttle body links so they are positioned on the outside of the common throttle bars, and so rotate downward - it would involve adapting/making new butterfly link plates for each TB, but would mean all your hard work won't go to waste.

Don't give up on it    :boxing:   .........        this has been such an inspiration

:) Draco

I considered that the rocker covers are in the way :shrug:

If I could have taken the Z off the road and checked everything as I went along this would have come to light a lot earlier but I just want it finished now, the rest of the car has been neglected too long as I said it's possible if I cut the bonnet and feed the fuel rails from the other end but i'm not willing to cut the bonnet and I don't know anyone with a HR bonnet to try and I don't consider this a fail more of a draw the first set of itb's I made worked fine  just little things I wasn't happy with I did consider putting them back on but the OBX one will be here soon.

I'm undecided weather to continue on this thread with the OBX ITB install or start a new thread I think a new thread would be best.

Well I enjoyed it mate, good read and great to watch the engineering skills, We did a shake down run in the Radical at the weekend and now have to change half the modifications due to unforeseen side effects :lol:

I  will be follow whatever comes next as well :thumbs:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keyser said:

Well I enjoyed it mate, good read and great to watch the engineering skills, We did a shake down run in the Radical at the weekend and now have to change half the modifications due to unforeseen side effects :lol:

I  will be follow whatever comes next as well :thumbs:

Yea you can plan ,measure  and calculate and still get it wrong :lol: I did.

• Like 1