HSD mono pros or dual tech

martinh55

There isnt really a great deal of difference in the prices. Is there any advantage of having the rear as a full coil over set up in comparison with an rear on board spring? The car is more for drift/ track than a long journey daily. Does the monopro vastly perform better than the dual tech set up?

thanks

martin

I personally prefer the OEM inboard springs setup.

It works, and have a lot less thing to worry about such as turret reinforcement.

The only reason from what I hear of a "true" coilovers is if you are going to replace all the rear arms with adjustable arms.

That way you have a stronger arms controlling the toe, which mean it won't lose it's spec as easy as the OEM bolt.

I still prefer the OEM design, but then at least I can understand why they would want that if it is primary a drift car.

Just giving both side of the story.

Jerrick

• Like 1

If you plan on going vaguely low the dualtech every time, the monopro's need new shorter rear springs to get the car anywhere near to the ground. I've been very impressed with my dualtechs for the price (my car is daily driven & drifted).

I personally prefer the OEM inboard springs setup.

It works, and have a lot less thing to worry about such as turret reinforcement.

The only reason from what I hear of a "true" coilovers is if you are going to replace all the rear arms with adjustable arms.

That way you have a stronger arms controlling the toe, which mean it won't lose it's spec as easy as the OEM bolt.

I still prefer the OEM design, but then at least I can understand why they would want that if it is primary a drift car.

Just giving both side of the story.

Jerrick

I am planning on putting adjustable rear camber and traction/ toe arms on at the same time as coilovers. So am I right in thinking I need to run a true coilover set up at the rear to do this? So if I fit In bound rear springs set up I can't fit the adjustable arms?

• 2 weeks later...

I run mono pros. As above use these if your need to swap all your suspension components for adjustable arms.

Depends how low you want to run before you run into issues. If you want to run low, swap the rear spring for a shorter spring. I went shorter and harder as I wanted the car to sit lower and be stiffer for initiation and transitions

I run mono pros. As above use these if your need to swap all your suspension components for adjustable arms.

Depends how low you want to run before you run into issues. If you want to run low, swap the rear spring for a shorter spring. I went shorter and harder as I wanted the car to sit lower and be stiffer for initiation and transitions

Have you done any think to the rear turrets to strengthen then running the tune coilover setup?

The plan is to run adjustable arms so i get the whole rear tires to drift on.

No, ive run my setup for a year now and works perfectly for how I drive.

Then your not going to want to run low if you want to use all the tyre..... or your gonna buy wisefab with subframe lifters etc.

Even with all the adjustable arms on the market, if your running low, your tyre is never going to make full contact.

• 3 months later...