*** TORQEN *** 350z & 370z TORQEN DRL - FOG - BRAKE lights

Adrian@TORQEN

Wait what? I was on your website yesterday and the DE reflectors were flush fitting, how come they have changed?

EDIT : Oh man thats such a shame. The prefacelifts are ugly as sin. Would've been hugely disappointed if id ordered those

That's a good spot. I thought the nice flush modern ones were for the DE, glad I held off on ordering them.

This is how both units look next to each other. Unfortunately the newer shape lights 06-07 won't fit the older 03-05 cars.

2017-02-16_08-25-38-1.jpeg

I'm still discussing options with the factory, but redesigning the unit is going to be a lengthy process. For now this what it is available for older 350z.

Personally I don't think the 350z 03-05 lights look that bad. :)

No offence intended Adrian, but the preface DRL's are ugly as sin IMO. I think that if they were redesigned for prefacelift you'd be onto a winner, and as far as im aware the only seller of DRLs like that. If they ever do get redone, let me know!

Good news!

We can do these (the 2006-2007 model for 2003-2005 cars), but they will take about 2 month to be designed, produced and tested, then shipped to us.

Because they will be customised to our requirements, they will be a bit more expensive, probably close to £200/set, still working on the price, shipping etc.

In order for this to happen, we will have to do pre-orders, as the minimum order quantity to produce these is 500 sets!

All going well, we should have these here ready to ship end of April, early May 2017.

How does this sound?

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN

Holy price hike batman! But aslong as they were the same as the HR models then Id pay that.

I do have a few conditions mind you,

1.) LED strip lighting, not bulbs like they originally were

2.) Same plug and play functionality

3.)+ this one is more of a request but would be worth asking. Any possibility of the case not being smoked. I have a set of genuine clear reflectors here, how cool would they be if from the side they looked like that still but had the DRL functionality?

Stick me down for a set.

Hi Olly,

As I said, price is not finalised, so I'm hoping to have it done by tomorrow.

1. They will be like these: https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/body-styling/lights/8446-350z-2007-2008-torqen-led-drl-side-indicator-smoked-trq131804s.html

2. As above

3. We will have clear and smoked stock.

To add to this, we will have exclusivity on these in UK. Also they will come with 12 month warranty.

Will organise a separate "group buy", 10% discount offered to forum members once they land here, 15-20% discount (to be decided once I have full price) on preorders.

First batch was picked up by DHL just now, we should have them here before the end of the week and be able to ship out the same day to you!

Thanks for your patience!

Will start a new PRE-ORDER thread for the new 2003-2005 lights and post the link here, too. Will keep you updated on the other thread about the progress.

As promised, more photos:

2017-03-01_19-35-52.jpeg

2017-03-01_19-36-23.jpeg

2017-03-01_19-36-49.jpeg

2017-03-01_19-37-12.jpeg

2017-03-01_19-37-33.jpeg

2017-03-01_19-37-57.jpeg

2017-03-01_19-38-18.jpeg

At the first touch / impression, they are absolutely awesome quality, very well made, OEM look.

Also impressed with the look of the 350z DE 2003-2005 ones, way better that I imagined.

Shipping starts tomorrow, plenty in stock.

• Like 1

Except the 370z light, all the lamps are PnP.

The 370z wires need to be run as follows:

Red --> running lights (+)

Green --> brake lights (+)

White --> reverse lamp (+)

Black --> ground (-)

Hope this helps, but do let me know if you have other questions.

Hi Adrian,

How does the fog light work if its wired as above? or is there another wire for the fog light not mentioned.

Except the 370z light, all the lamps are PnP.

The 370z wires need to be run as follows:

Red --> running lights (+)

Green --> brake lights (+)

White --> reverse lamp (+)

Black --> ground (-)

Hope this helps, but do let me know if you have other questions.

Hi Adrian,

How does the fog light work if its wired as above? or is there another wire for the fog light not mentioned.

The above wire colours don't describe how it's wired to the car?

This is just telling you what colour wire on the fog light controls which bulb of the fog light. It is up to you what wires you then tap into on the car. For my setup I had an odd issue and ended up using the following setup:

Red --> running lights (+) --> Vehicle side lights

Green --> brake lights (+) --> Vehicle fog light

White --> reverse lamp (+) --> Vehicle reverse light

Black --> ground (-) --> Vehicle ground

Which means when I turn on:

• My side lights, the low power red light of the fog light comes on.
  • When I turn on my fog light switch, the bright red of the fog light comes on.
  • When I select reverse, the white lights on the fog light come on

I initially installed some diodes to use both braking and fog lights via the bright red of the fog light. But it didn't play ball as I expected.