Photobucket dying ?

RobPhoboS

Yeah, but Apps were super useful before they got good at making web pages render properly on small screens and phone screens grew. If you think of the early iphone days when mobile data speeds were slow and web pages were a PITA to view on a phone screen, apps made it quicker and more easy to interact with. However, a quality modern website should now render fine on a 5" screen and also a 27" screen, diminishing the need for apps for some types of site - unless the app offers something unique that the web app doesn't, like fingerprint login or integration with other services.

Apps are worth it because:

They work offline

They are more personalised they can access your data on your phone and tailor the experience to you

They send push notifications etc that websites cannot

They use phone features websites cannot i.e. accelerometer etc.

Websites do render, but ultimately apps are made for phones, websites are made for PCs which then convert to something mobile 'friendly'

...and lets face it apps work faster than websites

I am sure there are dozens of other reasons too ;)

Imgur is utter gash.

I've given up with the app, so am using the mobile version of the main webpage. Can I put multiple images into a folder? No, not if I then want to be able to post up individual pics from that folder as it refuses to give me a link for each one, just for the entire folder. What about if I want to make a pic private? Easy on desktop, impossible on mobile. And don't even get me started on trying to delete pics, or even worse delete multiple pics in a batch...

It really is a clattering clusterf*ck of a website. PB may well be a tad slow and clunky, but at least it lets me do the very basics of an image hosting site.

Imgur is utter gash.

I've given up with the app, so am using the mobile version of the main webpage. Can I put multiple images into a folder? No, not if I then want to be able to post up individual pics from that folder as it refuses to give me a link for each one, just for the entire folder. What about if I want to make a pic private? Easy on desktop, impossible on mobile. And don't even get me started on trying to delete pics, or even worse delete multiple pics in a batch...

It really is a clattering clusterf*ck of a website. PB may well be a tad slow and clunky, but at least it lets me do the very basics of an image hosting site.

I'm in full agreement with Dan on this ... just get an ad blocker on Photobucket and you'll have happy days :)

• Like 1

I'll try Flickr as well, as I presume that's what you meant Dan :lol:

EDIT:

Just testing Flickr, I like that it has different sizes available without me having to arse about first.

Not sure about the app yet for getting the BBCode.

32120097860_45efb2f8c3_c.jpgSammy Christmas snooze by Rob Phobos, on Flickr

Edited by RobPhoboS