Considering buying

Perfect Dark

I spent weeks looking at zeds before recently purchasing mine. My opinion is that this is very expensive. Yes it's a later model and low mileage but still, 10k is way too much. 7 would be more realistic imo. It's a buyers market and haggling is strongly advised but dealers rarely give much off. One thing I'm almost certain of is that the dealer is looking to double his money on this car. He wouldn't have paid more than 5k for it.

Part exed my '08 HR/66,000 miles FSH,no mods

last June..dealer gave me £8,000 & had he had a buyer lined up who paid £10,000,so dealers don't double their money. The 350 coldel posted is the ONE all the way..Look at service history,plus ARK.

• Like 1

I spent weeks looking at zeds before recently purchasing mine. My opinion is that this is very expensive. Yes it's a later model and low mileage but still, 10k is way too much. 7 would be more realistic imo. It's a buyers market and haggling is strongly advised but dealers rarely give much off. One thing I'm almost certain of is that the dealer is looking to double his money on this car. He wouldn't have paid more than 5k for it.

Part exed my '08 HR/66,000 miles FSH,no mods

last June..dealer gave me £8,000 & he had a buyer lined up who paid £10,000,so dealers don't double their money. The 350 Coldel posted is the ONE all the way..Look at service history,plus ARK.

Edited by 350Z paradise
  • Like 1

I did consider getting a "Night Blue" 313 because it looked like black from the pictures and I wondered what it would be like to go back to a non-black car.

And then I thought... Nahhh.. Drug dealers drive black cars. And I wanna be a drug dealer! B)

FTFY ;)

Interlagos fire of course!

Come on, you're not trying to tell me that's not an awesome colour are you? It's incredible even in photos, think what it must be like in the flesh (obviously I've never seen one myself).

I like it when buying privately, and they ask how much for cash :lol:

My favourite modern bug bear, usual response is to ask how else do you intend to pay, magic beans :wacko:

Its Mike Brewers fault, always talking CASH

Edited by Jetpilot

I like it when buying privately, and they ask how much for cash :lol:

My favourite modern bug bear, usual response is to ask how else do you intend to pay, magic beans :wacko:

Its Mike Brewers fault, always talking CASH

How nice it must be to live in the UK... :p

For me to collect 8 grand in cash legally, would take 20 weeks, withdrawing my cash limit every fortnight and not spending cash on anything else.

Cash here is king. Capital Controls for the win. But like I said earlier, it was the same before the crisis, I guess it's the sheer volume of fraud, since cash is almost anonymous it has always been desirable.

Banker's cheques is the usual way of doing things here, or direct electronic transfer (since the crisis).

Edited by Aashenfox

You could just go to the bank...

No we can't, that's what capital controls are. Every citizen is limited to about 750 quid in cash a fortnight. Same with paying for things from other countries, same limit per fortnight. This has been going on for 2 years now.

Edited by Aashenfox

Things the Garage have fixed:

• Loose offside side skirt has been fixed.
  • Wing mirror cover has been repainted
  • New brake disks and pads

Update from the ClickMechanic:

Things the mechanic noticed:

• HKS air filters - fitted - which are direct replacement filters.
  • Suspected performance clutch fitted - slight knock noise when you shift with the engine off. Still biting where it should so no issue identified.
  • Red Stuff performance brake pads on the rear - quite good. Good on braking. May produce break dust but should be okay on black wheels.
  • The Suspension has been modified - It has adjustable on ride comfort - said to be a common modification.
  • Boot area has 2 wires taped up no longer in use. And the rear strut bar has two holes drilled either side. Can't identify what this was for, maybe a stereo system or lights.
  • All electronics are working

Overall thoughts:

• looks like a nice car to be honest.
  • You can gauge that the previous owner looked after the car as only subtle modifications.
  • He's happy with it mechanically
  • He's happy with it cosmetically.

The garage are now going to detail it to remove any light scratches and then we're good to go!

Things the mechanic noticed:

• HKS air filters - fitted - which are direct replacement filters.
  • Suspected performance clutch fitted - slight knock noise when you shift with the engine off. Still biting where it should so no issue identified.
  • Red Stuff performance brake pads on the rear - quite good. Good on braking. May produce break dust but should be okay on black wheels.
  • The Suspension has been modified - It has adjustable on ride comfort - said to be a common modification.
  • Boot area has 2 wires taped up no longer in use. And the rear strut bar has two holes drilled either side. Can't identify what this was for, maybe a stereo system or lights.
  • All electronics are working

This is all perfectly normal and nothing to be concerned about. The HKS filters are supposed to be good, but I have no personal experience. Everything else is as you stated. No clue what those holes might be for, though. Don't recognise the reg either, but I've only been around since August last year. :)