What car after a 370Z

Fred020

I followed Irn Bru's son Shaun around half of Scotland with him in an RS so totally get that they shift (and he certainly did!)

I guess its going on the OP point, he has a 370z already, why get into a loan deal on a £35k car which will be worth £20k in a couple of years time when you could just supercharge.

• Like 1

Yea the MK3 sounds god awful to be fair.

It's got nothing on the mighty 5 Cylinder from previous models. Shame they never made the MK2 RS all wheel drive as that would have been pretty near perfect for my needs.

Skip to 4 mins and it gives the reason for not being awd

And now having watched the video, that guy is speaking a load of corporate cow droppings. They definitely said at the time it was down to not wanting the weight, and if they genuinely couldn't get the 4WD version of the mk2 to be quicker and more fun than the FWD version then they clearly had the wrong guys working for them.

Why couldn't he just be honest, and say that it was going to add too much to the cost and not add enough to the thrill? Tbh the mk3 would've been FWD as well had VW not been blitzing everything with the Golf R. I'm sure Renault would love to go 4WD too with the Megane, but they don't have the budget nor the expertise.

For the record, I wasn't saying they can run a 11 second quarter, I was just saying 400bhp is easy. Stage one with pumaspeed is induction and a map for 400+ BHP and about 600 quid.

I know you werent mate, and I know that 400hp is easily in reach with a bit of mapping .......... but I also know that getting into 11's is a pretty serious task and not just "a few mods" :thumbs:

For the record, I wasn't saying they can run a 11 second quarter, I was just saying 400bhp is easy. Stage one with pumaspeed is induction and a map for 400+ BHP and about 600 quid.

I know you werent mate, and I know that 400hp is easily in reach with a bit of mapping .......... but I also know that getting into 11's is a pretty serious task and not just "a few mods" :thumbs:

exhaust, air filter, remap to me is a few mods.

No problem. There is a "sound tube" connected to the air intake which pipes the sound into the cabin. A lot of people remove this straight away as it smartens up the engine bay.

Tank range depends on driving style obviously. I think since ownership I have averaged 16mpg But it's not a daily. I have managed 27mpg on a long trip, but I'm useually hoverring around 17-19 mpg. No different to my 350z really.

I think I normally get 260 miles from a tank £60 odd to fill up I think. Dont really take much notice if I'm honest.

MY18 is looking like a nice upgrade from MY16/17 so it's worth a look BUT you won't see them in the uk until 2018 at the earliest

Thank you. 17-19 mpg. Gulp. They might have made the tank bigger. My Z averages 28 MPG, 30 in summer, and gets over 400 miles from a tank. Still, that's what you get for 2 more pistons and +1.3L.

The Mustang seems well liked. More than one reviewer has mentioned the car can be enjoyable at low/moderate speeds, which is cool. Well at the moment it looks like another Z car or Mustang. Or stop all the madness and get a Skoda estate. See what develops in the next few months. Might even test drive a TT, though to get one with Z power would be $$$.

I averaged @27mpg on my trip to Italy and back. But around town, winter 17-19, summer 22-25, on a run it's not unusual to get in the 30's.

I was disappointed in the size of the tank, coming from the 370 with a 70 litre tank (is it more, I can't remember) to a 61 litre tank was a slight concern, but after last summer getting high 350+ out of a tank, that soon dissipated.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a sit in a Mustang today (no test drive). Brand new. Thoughts:

Nice looking car, especially from the rear, often a problem area for cars. Z car has nice bum too.

Interior - Comfy seats. Big screen. Good toys. Back seats handy. Build quality slightly down on 370Z, but good enough.

Wheels - actually looks good with black wheels, unlike some.

Driving position - okay. Not that great for me.

Tyres - surprisingly, narrower than the Z car (?). That was a 2.8 litre though.

Oh and if you drive a Z car they see you coming from miles away.

I had a 350 then moved to 370... after that a camaro... c63... then baby came along so I have a x6 40d but just ordered a corvette stingray c3 for my fun car!

Stingray - yes please!

Any pics yet of the car?