What car after a 370Z

Fred020

A 370Z isn't what I would consider a car old enough to be worried about it's age?

You've said no to BMW's, Porsche's, GTR's, Jag's, Lotus, Aston's, hot hatch's and track orientated cars. Doesn't leave much left to be honest :lol:

First bit - its hardly a seachange over the 350, the design and tech is getting long in the tooth.

Second bit - errr yeah, there isnt actually anything left. Fair play if you have preconceptions but counting out every German car bcause of "the lifestyle" doesnt really lend itself to a thread like this :lol:

• Like 1

Mustang GT FTW!

FYI. No fake noise. It's real intake noise pumped into the cabin but is easily removed. You will want a aftermarket exhaust too.

Facelift released this afternoon so you may see MY15,16 starting to drop. But currently I could probably sell mine today for the same money. 8-11 month wait time on new build.

A 370Z isn't what I would consider a car old enough to be worried about it's age?

You've said no to BMW's, Porsche's, GTR's, Jag's, Lotus, Aston's, hot hatch's and track orientated cars. Doesn't leave much left to be honest :lol:

First bit - its hardly a seachange over the 350, the design and tech is getting long in the tooth.

Second bit - errr yeah, there isnt actually anything left. Fair play if you have preconceptions but counting out every German car bcause of "the lifestyle" doesnt really lend itself to a thread like this :lol:

To clarify - I said I was aware of the Z's age - meaning my vehicle, not the 370Z in general. I usually sell when a car reaches 6 or 7 years old. For the record I think the 370Z still looks cutting edge and is excellent. Which is why it is on my list.

Mustang GT FTW!

FYI. No fake noise. It's real intake noise pumped into the cabin but is easily removed. You will want a aftermarket exhaust too.

Facelift released this afternoon so you may see MY15,16 starting to drop. But currently I could probably sell mine today for the same money. 8-11 month wait time on new build.

Good news on the noise! So it's not a daft tape recording of a Ferrarri V12. Thank you, how is it turned off?

Does it take premium or regular unleaded? And what is the range from a full tank? Sorry to use you as Google.

No problem. There is a "sound tube" connected to the air intake which pipes the sound into the cabin. A lot of people remove this straight away as it smartens up the engine bay.

Tank range depends on driving style obviously. I think since ownership I have averaged 16mpg But it's not a daily. I have managed 27mpg on a long trip, but I'm useually hoverring around 17-19 mpg. No different to my 350z really.

I think I normally get 260 miles from a tank £60 odd to fill up I think. Dont really take much notice if I'm honest.

MY18 is looking like a nice upgrade from MY16/17 so it's worth a look BUT you won't see them in the uk until 2018 at the earliest

• Like 1

A few mods on the golf r and focus RS and you have a car that can do the 1/4 in under 12 seconds. Plus if you did buy either and want to sell you get your money back as they actually hold their value unlike something like the gt86.

What kind of HP do you have to be kicking out to get that kind of time in a golf R or an RS?

My Pulsar GTi-R does the 1/4 in 12.1 and that is just over 300hp but it's as light as fart, weighing in at just over a ton. I believe the Golf R and the RS are little on the tubby side aren't they? `1400kgs?

Mmmm, Im offering pinches of salt if anyone wants some?

The Focus would have to be 450+, probably 500 to see sub 12's. The Golf with be better with DSG but will still need a bit, Ive just found an 11.99:

11.99 APR Stg2+ - 60ft@1.682 - Nitto NT01 - 100oct

And I dont want to **** on your chips but I cant see a 300hp Pulsar doing a 12.1 either, at least not without drag radials and the launch of a lifetime.

• Like 2

A few mods on the golf r and focus RS and you have a car that can do the 1/4 in under 12 seconds. Plus if you did buy either and want to sell you get your money back as they actually hold their value unlike something like the gt86.

What kind of HP do you have to be kicking out to get that kind of time in a golf R or an RS?

My Pulsar GTi-R does the 1/4 in 12.1 and that is just over 300hp but it's as light as fart, weighing in at just over a ton. I believe the Golf R and the RS are little on the tubby side aren't they? `1400kgs?

yes the focus rs and golf R are heavy cars but its the way they launch off the line. 380 will a see a golf R and focus RS hit under 12s.
  • Like 1

No problem. There is a "sound tube" connected to the air intake which pipes the sound into the cabin. A lot of people remove this straight away as it smartens up the engine bay.

Tank range depends on driving style obviously. I think since ownership I have averaged 16mpg But it's not a daily. I have managed 27mpg on a long trip, but I'm useually hoverring around 17-19 mpg. No different to my 350z really.

I think I normally get 260 miles from a tank £60 odd to fill up I think. Dont really take much notice if I'm honest.

MY18 is looking like a nice upgrade from MY16/17 so it's worth a look BUT you won't see them in the uk until 2018 at the earliest

I was going to respond to the 'fake' noise misconception, but lost the will to live midway through writing a response :lol:

I've no idea what the OP wants from a car :shrug:

To those dragsters out there, you can get a Mustang into the 9's, plenty of evidence on line/YouTube without too much money thrown at them. No idea what a Golf or Focus would do, both of those in my eyes are second cars to go shopping in, or drive around with a beanie cap on :lol:

OK, everyone is telling me, can someone prove it please?

Id genuinely like to see an FRS and a Golf R with a "few mods" in the 11's as I remember it wasnt that long ago that the fastest street legal drag cars were struggling to get sub 12's.

For the record, I wasn't saying they can run a 11 second quarter, I was just saying 400bhp is easy. Stage one with pumaspeed is induction and a map for 400+ BHP and about 600 quid.

I've since done some digging tho and 11 seconds doesn't seem unrealistic this is taken from the RS forum top ten quater mile times with stock turbo

TOP 10 STOCK Turbo (with mods, stock turbo)

1. 11.7xx @ 119.9x ~Theshopct/tune+

2. 11.935 @ 116.26 ~gte (tune)

3. 12.394 @ 115.29 ~Michael@AMS (tune and filter)

4. 12.410 @ 113.57 ~Skitish

5. 12.586 @ ???.?? ~Snox801 (93tune)

6. 12.754 @ 111.33 ~Bluesteel93

7. 12.846 @ 105.10 ~Wicked RS (tune only)

8. 13.097 @ 105.74 ~GoDz (tune only)

9. 13.174 @ 106.64 ~alphadark (tune only, 8000+ DA)

10. 13.177 @ 100.54 ~bluesteel93 (tune and filter)

And from Pumaspeeds website a stage 2 RS running low 12's on youtube

• Like 1

Was an interesting read actually, didnt realise how achievable 400bhp was on the Mk3 FRS. The stage 2 on the pumaspeed website is about £1700.

That said, you are still looking at £30k and upwards for a Mk3 Ford Focus then the £1700 on top for the mapping. Even though its a very capable car, couldn't really see why I would buy a Ford Focus for that sort of money other than cheap servicing. I would rather supercharge a 370z and keep the change. And at the end of the day, it still looks like a large family hatchback.

• Like 1

Yea man I can see your point.

I do think for the average Joe a high powered RS is easier to obtain thanks to low priced monthly PCP etc. Buying a new 370Z on PCP then supercharging is going to be an expensive ordeal, likewise buying a used one then supercharging would mean having to pay cash or get a big loan which isn't exactly great either.

The reality is not many people are lucky enough to be able to afford cash payments for cars like this.

Have you ever drove a tuned ST/RS? I realise I never shut up about them now but since owning the ST I've been fully converted :lol:

It's insane how much fun you can have in a 300BHP + hot hatch.

I'm pretty much set on getting an RS now but I'll have to wait at least a year or the Mrs will kill me :lol: