Flux Direct -Suspiciously cheap ?

Stephanie

DD monthly is 5% so if your tax is £300 per annum that £15 over the year extra you pay, which is about one seventh of a tank of petrol which is quite frankly something you do not blink an eye at. You mentioned that you specifically wanted to get paid post Christmas before paying tax so presumed that you were not in a situation to comfortably pay before that hence the monthly payment option being mooted.

DD monthly is 5% so if your tax is £300 per annum that £15 over the year extra you pay, which is about one seventh of a tank of petrol which is quite frankly something you do not blink an eye at. You mentioned that you specifically wanted to get paid post Christmas before paying tax so presumed that you were not in a situation to comfortably pay before that hence the monthly payment option being mooted.

Ah, never presume my friend. I'm comfortable this year to pay it before I get paid again but who knows what my situation might be in future years. Just covering my back really for the future, furthermore if I were to start my tax now I believe (but don't quote me on this!) that I'd end up paying the entire of January regardless of the fact I'm only starting it from the 18th.

Looks as though there's not much discount for paying it upfront (for a pre 2006 anyway) and for £15 your quite right, it's barely worth paying it annually if your primarily doing it for the discount. I just prefer to pay things annually than have continuous monthly outgoings throughout the year, just my preference really, any pennies it saves me are a welcomed added bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD monthly is 5% so if your tax is £300 per annum that £15 over the year extra you pay, which is about one seventh of a tank of petrol which is quite frankly something you do not blink an eye at.

£15 is £15... It's nothing to turn your nose up at. Up here you could get a couple rounds for that, though I guess darn south you'd be lucky to get half a shandy.

And for those of us (un)lucky enough to be in the higher tax bracket, that £15 becomes £25...

It's not like it's harder to pay annually, if anything it's easier, why throw away money for nothing unless you have some desperate need or better use for that £300?

furthermore if I were to start my tax now I believe (but don't quote me on this!) that I'd end up paying the entire of January regardless of the fact I'm only starting it from the 18th.

I believe that is correct, but if you've already bought it, does that mean there is no tax on the vehicle now? Or is it currently SORN?

DD monthly is 5% so if your tax is £300 per annum that £15 over the year extra you pay, which is about one seventh of a tank of petrol which is quite frankly something you do not blink an eye at.

£15 is £15... It's nothing to turn your nose up at. Up here you could get a couple rounds for that, though I guess darn south you'd be lucky to get half a shandy.

And for those of us (un)lucky enough to be in the higher tax bracket, that £15 becomes £25...

It's not like it's harder to pay annually, if anything it's easier, why throw away money for nothing unless you have some desperate need or better use for that £300?

furthermore if I were to start my tax now I believe (but don't quote me on this!) that I'd end up paying the entire of January regardless of the fact I'm only starting it from the 18th.

I believe that is correct, but if you've already bought it, does that mean there is no tax on the vehicle now? Or is it currently SORN?

SORN

Oh I am very astute with my money, and you are right £15 is not to be sniffed at. Although if that would make a big difference to the week I think anyone would be driving the wrong car ;) Point really was that its often easier to spread the cost (how many posts on here about 'oh no its tax month, I am skint' etc) and manage money if your outgoings are consistent each month than having peaks and troughs. But hey as Stephanie said its all fine.

Don't get the cheapest, get the one that covers you the best.

I agree but when I was younger, so much younger, I had to go cheap. Although I couldn't afford a Zed at 21. I could hardly afford the clapped out Capri I had. Times were different then.

Worked my bum off and been saving for a very long time to get my Zed ������ Every penny I have is money I've earned. Will probably go with Admiral, £1500 fully comp. not too bad considering I'm 21.

That's amazing, I was paying nearly 2 grand a year on a mk2 golf GTi at 20 and that was 20 years ago! I dread to think what that would equate to now. I was the envy of my friends who were all tooling around in 1.1 saxos etc, it was crazy looking back on it, but I've always been happy to pay to have a car I love.

Now I'm nearly 40 with no claims in Greece at all except a theft (14 years no claims) and pay about 350 quid a year for TPF&T on the Zed

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

I was paying £600 a year TPFT in 1993 for my 1 litre beat up old VW Polo worth £275. £1500 for a V6 at 21 is not much at all in relative terms.

Inflation actually makes £600 in '93 worth £1120 today, so definitely not far off at all. :thumbs:

Fully comp not an option in Greece?

I did inquire about fully comp and was told it would not be economical on a car this age (though I don't understand why, surely newer car, higher value, higher risk). I may revisit this come renewal time. I had fully comp on the 2008 335xi and it was costing me 1000 euros a year despite 38 years old and 11 years no claims at the time. It was the most expensive quote I got, with the most comprehensive coverage, unfortunately, it turned out to be a huge mistake, they shafted me and I lost 10 grand when that car was nicked.

I had my DE at 21 with elephant, think it was about £960 (admiral/elephant group)

Currently 23 with my HR, through aviva it was £530 - 5 years license, 4 ncb - well worth giving them a call.

I ran the horrific 'drive app' for 200 stressful miles and ended up with 9.6/10 - 28% off from that. Then just delete it.

Your choice when you use the app but need 200 miles recorded for a score! Just stick to speed limits and be smooth. Motorway with cruise on is a great way.

Aviva did say the car is listed as 25+ but owning one previously negated that. The chap phoned the broker and they were happy to add my girlfriend too who has no experience of this kind of car.

Until this year I always used elephant. They were around 1100 for my Integra at 19 when everyone else wanted £3k+! I think it's elephant/admiral/bell that are the same group

• Like 1