Varley16 350z part 2

varley16

Hello all,

This is my second 350z, and I purchased from a member on here a few months back.

I had my first 350z in 2010, GT, GM grey. I sold this due to the wife and I think myself wanted one of them babies. We made one and although I was authorised to keep it, I just had to man up and face facts, so off it went.

The time came to treat myself to another one, i didnt want a GM grey one again, so I purchased myself a 2003 GT 350z in GM grey 😯

It needed work, but some nice mods and low mileage I went for it.

Mod list:

1. Red bride seats.

2. Scorpion exhasust.

3. Rota 18" Alloys.

4. Bonnet dampers.

5. Side diffusers.

6. Red wheel nuts.

7. 20mm front and 25mm rear wheel spacers.

8. Smoothed and resprayed centre console.

9. Android head unit.

10. Silly mirror stickers (sorry)

11. Mopedmark bling manifold, throttle body, and latch.

Work completed.

1. Service and spark plugs.

2. OSF wheel bearing.

3. Aerial unit and stubby aerial.

4. Resprayed bonnet.

5. Replaced relay inside amp unit.

6. Replaced amp relay.

2017-01-10_10.51.53_zpsytrcjgtt.jpg

IMG_20160917_142750_zpsvn9g7mcb.jpg

IMG_20170110_082342_zpscqve4arj.jpg

FB_IMG_1484045409715_zps65alnj6f.jpg

FB_IMG_1484045364667_zps5t7xku49.jpg

FB_IMG_1484045352363_zpsw203dapb.jpg

FB_IMG_1484045332594_zpsgnkq6ifq.jpg

20170108_104016_zpsgndxjjsy.jpg

20161231_145618_zpsfwbuds2i_edit_1484045654686_zpslqj44csf.jpg

Edited by varley16
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Spent an hour ish at mopedmark having my bits blinged, apologies for a very dirty engine bay, but its a good start, a must do for all 350z's.

A very genuine nice bloke, good to meet you and the family. Thanks for fitting me in today.

Also, tarmacsportz have given me a mines splitter, zunsport grille and DRLs in exhange for money, probably fit them in the next couple of weeks.

20170128_164733_zpsxztwmch1.jpg

Edited by varley16

• 6 months later...

Since my last uodate I have fitted zinsport grille, some splitter from Tarmac and DRLs, in the process of making an induction kit, however, i moved into a job where i get a company car and the zed has been under a car port looking a bit sad, so unfortunatly i have made the decision to BLOODY WELL KEEP THE CAR, and start a rebuild. Cant bring myself to get rid, was starting to look at a 370z, maybe one day but I want to enjoy the tinkering in the 350z first.

My plans over the winter:

19" alloys with white lettering on tyres.

Chargespeed front bumper

Some sort of new front bumper.

Fancy sideskirts

V3 spoiler or wing.

Lowered (possible coilovers)

Updated android head unit (love them)

New clutch

Underseal

Decats

I think thats it, then get it wrapped (as close to ultra blue on the jag Ftype.

I want to get it ready for Japfest next year, i count myself very lucky to land the job I have. I've only dreamed of doing this sort of build on a car, hence why I want to stay with the 350z.

First question, it's going to stay under the carport, on axle stands, we have had the drive block paved about 3 months ago so don't want to cause damage to it, whats the best way of keeping it on stands lonf term without causing issues to the drive or car?

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:05, varley16 said:

First question, it's going to stay under the carport, on axle stands, we have had the drive block paved about 3 months ago so don't want to cause damage to it, whats the best way of keeping it on stands lonf term without causing issues to the drive or car?

Shouldn't cause damage to the drive but you could put the axle stands on metal plates or solid wooden boards to spread the weight if your wanting to be extra cautious.

I park mine up on the drive for the winter for about 4months every year and to be honest do very little.

Good deep clean and a wax to help seal it.

I try to start it every few weeks if I remember and leave it running for 15-20min to let everything come up to temp and boil off any moisture in the oil. Usually give it a shuffle about the drive to stop the brakes locking up aswel.

Your battery will die unless you put it on trickle charger most likely, these are cheap enough to pick up.

I'd recommend changing the oil & filter before putting it back on the road if its been off a while and giving everything a good check over.

There is much better ways to do it and people with OCD have massive lists on what should & shouldn't be done. I'm sure there will be a few on here who would put my routine to shame :lol: 

• 2 months later...

Just a little update and will post pics later.

I only used the car a few times with DRL, zunsport grille, and bumper splitter - these will be for sale at some point.

I have the N3R front bumper and chargespeed rear bumper ordered.

I have the 19" ultralite alloys and decats here, just need to find the right tyres for them (9.5 front, 10.5 rear)

Just need to decide on a spoiler, im stuck berween 3 - the V3 spoiler, TS strosek style spoiler or a wing (but a small one)

Once the exterior is done, i will send it to get wrapped.

Not sure if I will need coilovers, depends what it looks like when I het the wheels on.

• 3 weeks later...

Some pics of my progress.

Before:

20171118_150433.jpg

20171118_160715.jpg

20171118_150429.jpg

And after

20171118_150328.jpg

20171118_150334.jpg

20171118_154609.jpg

20171118_160503.jpg

N3R front bumper on order.

19" ultralite alloys to fit.

Calipers to be painted yellow.

Sideskirts to order.

Undecided on a spoiler.

Tyres to order.

Not sure about lowering.

Decats to fit.

Throttle controller to order.

Then get it wrapped.

Edited by varley16

• 7 months later...

just a little update.

the car has been on axle stands for a few months now, im currently prepping the bumpers, sideskirts are being test fitted.

i have started to wrap the car, however the door was just a test go. will try and get a video done.

20180718_151715.jpg

20180718_140019.jpg

Edited by varley16
  • Like 1

possibly selling them, not decided yet.

i've gone for teckwrap trueblood colour, i have watched hours of youtube videos on wrapping cars, so i think that automatically makes me an expert.

the material cost about £350, and as the zed is a toy and i have time to do it and dont need to rush it over a weekend.

Edited by varley16
cant spell to save my life.
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

I'm going to wrap mine in the evenings at work once I've saved for the vinyl, even with the company 65% discount it's like £650 :lol:

Are you going to get a Nismo bumper? I want one but the original is silly money and I don't want fibreglass.

Edited by Wozzy

1 hour ago, Wozzy said:

I'm going to wrap mine in the evenings at work once I've saved for the vinyl, even with the company 65% discount it's like £650 :lol:

Are you going to get a Nismo bumper? I want one but the original is silly money and I don't want fibreglass.

at the moment im working on the original bumper, i have the black mesh grille and lip for it, cant remember the names of them, so the plan is to wrap that for now.

I want the polyurethene n3r? bumper and the v3 spoiler (abs plastic one) 

1 hour ago, Wozzy said:

Which brand did you go with? I watch a lot of the guy on the wrap channel who sings the praises of avery that said the UK 3m is meant to be very good vs what they get over the pond 

2 hours ago, MDMetal said:

Which brand did you go with? I watch a lot of the guy on the wrap channel who sings the praises of avery that said the UK 3m is meant to be very good vs what they get over the pond 

Avery Supreme, only going down that route because of the discount as it’s silly expensive otherwise, the shape of the Z makes it easy enough to use anything. 

Edited by Wozzy

Good to hear! I'm pondering an orangey yellow on top of my red or maybe a deep maroon which will blend better round the edges. 

Are you making sure the paint work underneath is as perfect as possible? 

the paint work underneath is pretty good.

i will upload pics as i go along so when I sell it i can refer to this thread.

One rear arch had slight surface bubbling, I sanded this down to bear metal and the rust wasnt bad at all (only a small patch the size of a 5p was sanded to bear metal to remove any rust)

drivers front wing was rusty, this had gone through so have replaced the wing.

sidskirts have come off and slight surface rust under one at the rear, again nothing to be concerned with.

window frame trims have come off, with rust on one A-post, need to smooth down to see how much of it is rusty, a quick poke of the pillar and it is still solid, will work on this to make sure it stays this way.

Passanger door has a parking dent on it and this will be fixed.

rear arches to be rolled and treated on the inside.

Once i have removed the spoiler I will do a video, upload it and become a millionaire youtuber (I wish)

pics from today.

20180722_162105.jpg

20180722_175345.jpg

20180722_175352.jpg

Edited by varley16