The Ginger Daily Z

reeceybeaney

Continuing to hoard bits for the Z, plenum spacer and ART pipes picked up off forum members and finally an uprev to come! Exciting times this year:yahoo:

Car also going in to the paint shop for a few rusty amendments #joysofzedownership... new genuine front wing acquired and slight rust to be cut out on the rear!

Whilst it's there, also getting the handles painted as they look pretty shabby!

Had a go at a full detail/machine polish with some G3 mild cutting compound and it brought the paint up a treat. Finished off with the meguiars carnauba wax:thumbs:

20180211_155942.jpg

20180128_095925.jpg

20180211_160001.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plenum Spacer finally added to the mod list:yahoo:

Managed to get hold of a second hand spacer, cheaply, from a forum member and machined up all the other bits on the lathe! Cheapest plenum spacer kit :lol:

Like to say I feel a difference, but probably my imagination! 

Just the ART pipes to fit now and then uprev time :)

20180418_194811.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More work to the zed! Received her back from the body shop after having a new front wing fitted, rear arch rust sorted and door handles sprayed in gloss blackB) 

Also managed to negotiate a full machine polish for free as the sprayer informed me my machine polishing wasn't up to standard :lol: 

20180510_194733.jpg

20180510_194645.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Small update... was getting annoyed by the peeling/flaking lacquer on the steering wheel controls plastic trim. Went ahead and removed the wheel and carbon wrapped the 2 panels :)

Not to everyone's taste but looks a lot better than it did previously:happy:

Also treated myself (and the Z) and got hold of an Autobrite snow foam lance, damn the stuff smells so good :lol:

20180613_182045.jpg

20180602_113410.jpg

Not really a build update but unsure where to put it :lol:

Finished college early with a couple of mates and visited JapPerformance Parts in Crawley. They have some awesome stock, mainly for Subaru's and Evo's, but they had an awesome drift scooby in the show room with a RB26 and I'm guessing from the gearknob it was a 350z gearbox:teeth:

20180620_124613.jpg

20180620_124618.jpg

Snapchat-1141247295.jpg

1 hour ago, reeceybeaney said:

Not really a build update but unsure where to put it :lol:

Finished college early with a couple of mates and visited JapPerformance Parts in Crawley. They have some awesome stock, mainly for Subaru's and Evo's, but they had an awesome drift scooby in the show room with a RB26 and I'm guessing from the gearknob it was a 350z gearbox:teeth:

20180620_124613.jpg

This is the Scooby they had on Wheeler Dealers when they did the Skyline GTS lol

• 2 months later...

Couple of purchases this month, being on the cautious side I guess :lol: 

Managed to pick up an exedy stage 1 clutch kit and an XTD single mass flywheel. Some monkey managed to shear a bolt off in the flywheel so I'll have to get that out, but that's no problem and was worth it for what I ended up paying :)

If I need it... Then it's there in the 350z parts corner that's apparently "cluttering" up my dad's garage. 

Nearly 80k miles now so she's getting up there, but worth it for the smiles nearly 2 years later :thumbs:

IMG_20180906_173618.jpg

IMG_20180906_173623.jpg

Cheers, chap I have he same in mine. Something the previous owner hand done, but mated it to the stock dmf. I do like exedy stuff, had a XTD stage 1 clutch and lightweight flywheel in my old GTi. The clutch was pants, but flywheel was good. Clutch feel was harsh, but tbf it gripped like a mofo and could beat on all day long. Went to a oe spec clutch, feel was again lovely and light however after a pulls on the highway I would start to smell.

11 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Cheers, chap I have he same in mine. Something the previous owner hand done, but mated it to the stock dmf. I do like exedy stuff, had a XTD stage 1 clutch and lightweight flywheel in my old GTi. The clutch was pants, but flywheel was good. Clutch feel was harsh, but tbf it gripped like a mofo and could beat on all day long. Went to a oe spec clutch, feel was again lovely and light however after a pulls on the highway I would start to smell.

Oh right! Well I would always go for a well branded clutch, definitely a job you'll only want to do once! Heard good things about XTD flywheels... At the end of the day it is only a solid piece of steel :lol: 

Productive day today! Machined the sheared bolt out of the flywheel and re tapped it :thumbs:

Also cleaned up the cloudy headlights again as it seems to be a 6 monthly thing now :lol:

Also managed to find out what the humming noise was, coming from the rear of the car that I've been putting off looking at for over a year... Wheel bearing absolutely shot on passenger side, so got one of them on order for next weekends excitement :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2idzodrpxwfjkp/Snapchat-603733395.mp4?dl=0

IMG_20180915_161245.jpg

• 2 months later...

So with the sales of plenum spacers going nice and smoothly, I should start to see a little pot of "Zed Spending Money" appear!

I finally got round to binning the Bose and fitted the popular Pioneer SPH-DA120... Changed the interior massively and wish I did it ages ago! 

Potentially on the list:

*Fit Stage 1 Exedy Clutch Kit and SMF (is there point if the original is still going?) 

*Uprev at Abbey Motorsport (possibly going with a few other cars for an arranged discountB)

*Possibly some new wheels... If I can find a decent set I like which aren't £2000 :lol: However I'm still a fan of the standard Rays even though many change them as their first mod! 

Already gathering bits for a BIG P3 service next spring... How sad I know:blush:

Oh yeah 21st Birthday been and gone and the Zed has a new plate! So close to being perfect:yuck:

IMG_20181105_203615.jpg

IMG_20181014_155258.jpg

IMG_20181115_191035.jpg

Edited by reeceybeaney
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

After my minor incident with broken ART pipes... I've decided it's time to fit all the parts I've been hoarding :lol:

This year brings all of the goodies taking up room in the garage:

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch Kit

7KG SMF 

Stoptech Slave Cylinder

Z Speed Clutch Pivot Ball

HEL Braided Lines w/ Millers Racing Brake Fluid 

Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 w/ filter

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs 

Uprev - likely at Abbey Motorsport

Hopefully the zed will be better tham ever this year B)

IMG_20181221_124219.jpg

IMG_20181222_000100.jpg

IMG_20181209_103750.jpg

• Like 2

The more I see your car the more I fall in love with mine, the carbon/black just makes the orange look so much better.

Where did you get your carbon bits from? I was going to get a ducktail spoiler but the carbon nismo is swaying me over. Also looking at carbon wing mirrors but unsure were to go to make sure the fitment is spot on.

• Like 1