She tried to call it what?!!

Firkindolloper

Morning guys,

After a bad night's kip I thought I would share the experience that led to it so please bear with me....

I was in bed have a quick scan of the Auto Express Mag and I just happened to mention the stupid naming of cars of 2017. My mrs likes cars - she doesn't have much choice really - so she joined in. Then it started.......

She likes to gives all her cars (and mine) a name. I won't tell you what her car is called but my daily is a Shogun SWB that I refer to as The Truck - she calls it Mitsi. My Zed is Zed to me so no surprise there but she wanted to name it. I thought I would keep the peace and maybe profit from a bit of in bed entertainment in a few minutes so I asked for suggestions.

Her first suggestion was Molly (Yuck) and my response was Terminator. Next was Jilly! Chuffin Jilly? It is a Zed not a horse. Then it became annoying. Names of Zara, Hayley quickly followed but cancelled out by me suggesting Arnie, Black Adder and even Lemmy (to give it a rock n roll name). So I said no more it is Zed end of. Apparently I have no soul so it was good night and she turned over.

Oh well. no nookie for me but at least I saved Zed from a life a shame. I went back to my Auto Express and the crappy car names......

Have any of you had the naming experience?

• Like 3

Lol know your pain.... We've got names for ours....The Zed is the Zed, then there Joobs for the Pathfinder because of her reg number J10OBS, the Jeep Commander is Jeeps, not very orginal I know and the Astra Twintop convertible is new to us so not settled on a name for her yet, but I dare say the missus will win that one !!!

The Zed is the Zed, then there Joobs for the Pathfinder because of her reg number J10OBS, the Jeep Commander is Jeeps, n

These are all fine,as you've got terms of reference, there just an easier way of referring to something. But giving completely arbitrary names :thumbdown::ban:

• Like 1

A chap meets a girl in a bar and starts chatting, he asks her name, she replies Carmen, he replies what i lovely name, she says thank you and its rather apt too as its my two favourite things in life, cars and men, she asks his name, Beerpussy.....

Moral of the story, men dont get involved with names.... :teeth:

• Like 1

One of my neighbours a very busty gardener drives a pickup its know as Percy Pickup or when it wont start in the morning its commonly referred to at the top of her voice as Percy F***ck up..!! :scare:

Edited by Bandit

My zed gets referred to as the blow job car. Not because it gets me any but rather because the number plate starts BJ 😩

A past gf had a green rover that she called Grover which I actually thought was good.

My mum calls her car jinxy. No reason for it.

Other than those I've escaped having to put up with car names pretty well.

My Aussie wife, through jealousy, named my Zed 'Precious' due to the unnatural obsession* I got when supercharging. Since last May, she's emigrated back to Oz without me... the idea being I follow on when the time is right, leaving** Precious behind.. :scare::lol:

Pwwrreecioussss..

* perfectly reasonable - blokes need projects, no?

** virtually impossible to import into oz modified post 1988 cars anyway..

350z - The Bitch

370z - Hissing Sid

Radical - Scary or the wife calls it Expensive :shrug:

Wife's Astra - Your Car (well that's what I call it)

My youngest daughter calls her car (Citron C1) Alfred (the butler from Batman - don't ask me)

Eldest Daughter does not appear to have a name for her MX-5

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Other than my first 2 fiesta's most of my cars have had names.

White MR2 turbo called Lily, as it's white. I wanted to call it Barry but the misses didn't approve.

Supra was called Suki.

350 was Bella.

Lexus turbo was called Penny, from The Big Bang Theory. As they are both gorgeous!

Eldest Daughter does not appear to have a name for her MR2

MX5 sold already? Or you having a senior moment? :lol:

• Like 1

Other than my first 2 fiesta's most of my cars have had names.

White MR2 turbo called Lily, as it's white. I wanted to call it Barry but the misses didn't approve.

Supra was called Suki.

350 was Bella.

Lexus turbo was called Penny, from The Big Bang Theory. As they are both gorgeous!

Eldest Daughter does not appear to have a name for her MR2

MX5 sold already? Or you having a senior moment? :lol:

Senior moment - seem to be getting them more and more these days :scare: I was trying to remember if the wife had a name for her MR2 but couldn't remember, another senior problem!

I will edit it now :lol:

My truck is called Daisy, because she's a cow, although it was called mistress whilst the build was going on...

"Where's Matt tonight?" "He's at the unit with his mistress" or "Going to see the mistress for a few hours"

The Harley is called Harley

My wifes KIA Picanto is called Kia

My first 350 was called Sally and the second one was called Sally 2 :lol:

• Like 1

First corsa - corsica

Second corsa - sophie (shared name with then gf)

306 - scarlet (it was red)

Astra - can never remember

Tigra - the little monster (then wife had a thing for lady gaga)

Third corsa - finn (the corsa d was design-inspired from a shark)

C30 - leroy (guess the colour)

V40 - viktör (well he was swedish!)

And now the 350 - lola (dont know why just kinda liked it)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Honda civic was called "Lilly" the civic

350z is called "Nelly"

Honda rudelude is called "Polly"

Never understood why guys call there cars male names... "Like oh yeah I took Barry out for a good ragging last night"... Did you now... Although the neighbours will testify that lately both cars have been called "that bloody car"