Super unleaded -- "alternative" ?

MikeyM

Lucky you living in Skye, where abouts?

We went there as part of a road trip last year and I didn't think I'd find any super there at all, but the Gulf petrol station in Broadford did it to my surprise.

Just wanted to add my Z has an UpRev remap with selectable maps and Abbey Motorsport added a standard unleaded map on there for me in case it ever came to it on road trips. Only ever had to use it once and it does run really sluggish.

Edited by Jp606

Lucky you living in Skye, where abouts?

We went there as part of a road trip last year and I didn't think I'd find any super there at all, but the Gulf petrol station in Broadford did it to my surprise.

Just wanted to add my Z has an UpRev remap with selectable maps and Abbey Motorsport added a standard unleaded map on there for me in case it ever came to it on road trips. Only ever had to use it once and it does run really sluggish.

Cheers for all the input guys..really appreciated.

In answer to a few of the questions..

It is a 2nd car thankfully.

I currently live in Portree, but moving further inland ( so to speak ) soon so will be further away from Broadford which as said is the ONLY source of super on Skye 🤔

I'm sticking with the zed, so will be coming up with a plan for the super issue and in the meantime I've set my rev limiter to 4500rpm for now..

Just clocked Ekonas...HR and your fine comment. I've always shoved super in. Has any HR owner on here if just used...normal? lol I'm aware it has things to counter it etc and be 'fine' but I'd be scared as hell to do so. I've even ran about one night nearly running dry trying to find super :lol::blush: