Fuel Damper

Willsy1980

Hi all,

My fuel damper has started ticking/throbbing, its an audible tack, tack, tack kind of noise.

It's the one at the back under the Plenum.

Now the questions:

Do I need to replace it ?

Is it a major issue waiting to happen ?

How much are they ?

Thanks in advance :)

I did both of mine as they were tick tocking, one at the back of the engine is easy but I found the one next to the plenum was an arse due to the plastic vacuum formed tube on the end of it.

Made a difference for a little while but it did return. Be warned fuel will leak out of both

Iv just noticed the same on mine this morning, did you sort it? Or find any info on it mate?

Cheers

No not done anything yet, but there is a possibility that they may cause the engine to run rich if faulty. I just don't want it to start running lean or miss firing and the noise is bloody annoying.

If they are prone to fail again quite quick, the next question is, can they both be removed and replaced with a variable pressure regulator ?

Running rich is better then running lean, however it is definitely a lesser of two evils type thing. However I dont think they'd cause that greater issue

They're on my list again but its really a not wanting to pay nissan prices, the units I bought were second hand from a breaker on here. Sucks but oh well they seem to be a common thing on Zs

• 4 years later...
On 04/01/2017 at 13:50, Rob350 said:

So I could leave it for months, or years, and there would be no problem? You said the ticking came back on the new ones

Hi Iv got the exact same on my 370 pulsating fuel pipe at the back of the engine. The sound is only really noticeable when the bonnet is up and goes away after 2.5 revs. Did you solve the issue or did you leave it as it’s not really an issue?