2017 F1 Chat Thread

Ebized

• 3 weeks later...

Don't you just love Max - masterclass by a teenager on how to drive the first lap in GP:

http://f1.channel4.com/video/verstappen-storming-first-lap/

I bet Lewis is just glad Max was not available to replace Nico because had he had the Mercedes power the way he drove in China there was surely no way he would not have won the race.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mmm, says a lot about the thoughts on F1 that the last post was a month ago.

Anyway, saw the best moment ever in F1 today and that was the little lad crying when Kimmi got punted off and Ferrari got him from the crowd to meet Kimmi and the crew, he will remember that day for the rest of his life, absolutely mint :)

• Like 3

Cracking race today, if the two second drivers at Ferrari and Mercedes can get it together there should be some proper scraps up front this season.

Agree about that little lad, though it sends the wrong message getting rewarded for girly tears ;)

Given the limited rear/side vision with the mirrors and number of comings together, I'm surprised the use of rear facing camera(s) has not been used given the miniscule size of the things these days coupled to a panoramic screen display that could sit in the position where cockpit wind deflectors?

Weight/aero saving by ditching the mirrors, given they are prone to shake/falling off, apart from the fact the drivers are forever complaining about the limited vision they offer.

Might help the overtaking scenarios and help prevent the type of in incidents that took out Kimi and Max yesterday.

God I really, really hate Jackie 'ME ME ME ME ME' Stewart.

I bet he's got posters of himself in every room, and on his bedroom ceiling.

Remind you of any modern drivers? Hamilton maybe? :)

Let's face it, the guy is not modest, but it doesn't bother me, if I was the best, I'd shout about it too. :)

Lewis isn't even close to Jackie. I'm not convinced I've ever heard JS do an interview without mentioning the fact he's a triple world champion or referring to something he did in his day or basically any time he's spoken about someone other than himself :lol:

Lewis is a moany old sod with questionable taste, but he does at least talk about other people. Out of all the drivers on the I think Vettel is probably the guy I'd pick to go for a beer with, just seems like a decent guy who is much more comfortable in himself, and he's funny as f*ck when he starts taking the mick. :) Alonso too, but just so I can really hear what he thinks of his company car...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Only just seen the Vet/Ham footage. How on earth Seb only got a 10 sec S&G for that, I've no idea. Clearly Lewis wasn't at fault in the slightest as the stewards had a good look at his data trace and took no action, but how you can get away with pulling alongside and ramming your car into the safety car (which is what Lewis was at that point), I've no idea at all. That's mind boggling stuff. At the very minimum he should've been black flagged and removed from the race, more reasonably would've been to have had a 3-5 race ban. This wasn't an over-ambitious move into a corner, or screaming down the pit lane, this was deliberately ramming another car at low speed because you had the hump.

Inexcusable behaviour, from both Seb and the stewards.

• Like 1

Ive never warmed to Vettel and the last few years have shown me why, he is like a petulant child throwing his toys out of the pram at the slighest hint its not going his way, no doubt a very talented driver, but a total tool.

• Like 1

Ive never warmed to Vettel and the last few years have shown me why, he is like a petulant child throwing his toys out of the pram at the slighest hint its not going his way, no doubt a very talented driver, but a total tool.

I think that could said about a lot of the drivers

All of them, I think. But that's what it takes to get to the top, they're all as bad as each other on their day.

I like Seb as a person, and rate him massively as a driver. But this wasn't on at all.

All of them, I think. But that's what it takes to get to the top, they're all as bad as each other on their day.

I like Seb as a person, and rate him massively as a driver. But this wasn't on at all.

I think its just the sport dude, you dont get this kind of bull in motogp.

I didn't like him during his red bull days, then he appeared on TG and I warmed to him. He's been off the radar a bit since Merc have been storming. But what he did was dangerous ad agree the S&G wasn't enough

Edited by Jay84