2017 F1 Chat Thread

Ebized

I might actually watch this season . . . well the first few races and see how it goes.

Unfortunately, the first few races are in the middle of the night and I won't be getting up or staying up to watch them. Used to love settling down on a Sunday afternoon but too many of the races are at inconvenient times for me.

Pete

I love the silly o'clock races, they're the best ones for me. Watching them when no-one else is up, and then they're done and you still have the whole day to yourself. :)

Yeah, me too.

My Silverstone weekend tickets were delivered today. B)

I am just peeved about the ones I will miss - as in all the ones on Sky. How to lose even more fans and supporters. !!

Dan - What is wrong with Kimi ? - I named my cat after him ! :D

He perhaps is not always at his best which is sad, but then I wonder about team politics. :wacko:

When on form - I think he is an excellent driver and entertaining to watch - in rallying too!

He's not funny, but he thinks he is. He's paid amazingly well and the least he could do is show some respect to the team that works hard for him and the fans that turn up to see him. One word answers in interviews and sounding like you'd rather be anywhere else is simply not fair, and it's a little bit pathetic tbh. I think he's a dull driver too, no flair or clever racer's mind, just a moaning old man who is very much Seb's bitch.

He's the biggest knob in F1 right now, and that takes some doing when Lewis is in full gangsta-mode!

• Like 1

I am just peeved about the ones I will miss - as in all the ones on Sky. How to lose even more fans and supporters. !!

Dan - What is wrong with Kimi ? - I named my cat after him ! :D

He perhaps is not always at his best which is sad, but then I wonder about team politics. :wacko:

When on form - I think he is an excellent driver and entertaining to watch - in rallying too!

So just pay for Sky? You only live once. I know some people at work who boycott it as its a rip off, but sometimes you just have to admit defeat and pay the ransom.

He's not funny, but he thinks he is. He's paid amazingly well and the least he could do is show some respect to the team that works hard for him and the fans that turn up to see him. One word answers in interviews and sounding like you'd rather be anywhere else is simply not fair, and it's a little bit pathetic tbh. I think he's a dull driver too, no flair or clever racer's mind, just a moaning old man who is very much Seb's bitch.

He's the biggest knob in F1 right now, and that takes some doing when Lewis is in full gangsta-mode!

I'd love to see Kimi return to his former greatness anyway, but even more so just to stop you ranting about him :p

• Like 1

Sadly do not think F1 is interesting enough to consider purchasing Sky right now.

But then of course - if the season looks as if it may become interesting I might just purchase it !!

Yeah fair one. I live on Football, UFC and F1, so its worth it for me, but if it was just one of those maybe i'd think twice.

Lewis is in full gangsta-mode!

Funny really, you would think the last thing he would want to portray is the stereotypical wealthy young black dude with diamonds, gold chains, tatts, hats and odd sunglasses whos "thuggin", your a racing driver, not a rappa :)

Lewis is in full gangsta-mode!

Funny really, you would think the last thing he would want to portray is the stereotypical wealthy young black dude with diamonds, gold chains, tatts, hats and odd sunglasses whos "thuggin", your a racing driver, not a rappa :)

It's pop culture, and he's an icon. Let him get on with it i reckon. Look at his circle of friends, he's hanging out with rappers and music people so he's more justified than most to dress like that.

I just find it odd that a racing driver wants to portray that image, just because his mates are doesnt give him any justification at all. As you say, he can wear what he likes, personally I would prefer to be my own man and not a cliche :)

Edited by Jetpilot

Sadly do not think F1 is interesting enough to consider purchasing Sky right now.

But then of course - if the season looks as if it may become interesting I might just purchase it !!

Yeah fair one. I live on Football, UFC and F1, so its worth it for me, but if it was just one of those maybe i'd think twice.

Maybe you should let Wendy access your Sky Go so she can see the F1 - that is what a family member has done for me....and that way it is free. :teeth:

I have no desire to watch other stuff that Sky offers. ;) Just hope Liberty does what it says it will do to make coverage more widely available in years to come.

Or you can watch the races/qualifying on Channel 4 that they are covering in full for year and the recorded highlights of the other races.

The races/qualifying they are covering in full are are Bahrain; 16/4 Russia 30/4; Monaco 28/5; Azerbaijan 25/6; Silverstone 16/7; Belgium3/9; Singapore 17/9; Malaysia 1/10; USA 22/10 and Abu Dhabi 26/11. :)

But have to say the Sky coverage and build-up/after stuff is so much more informative ....but then they have zillions of dollars from their extorninate fees to do that.

Edited by Ebized
  • Like 1

I like a fair bit of sport, so sky is worth it for me, but I think I would struggle to justify the cost just for f1 but I suppose I am just not that avid a fan. The biggest wind up for me with sky is the box office events for anything half decent with boxing.

• 2 weeks later...

It was good, in as much as Mercedes don't look to be operating in a completely different level to every other team, but I'm yet to be convinced it'll be the overtake fest that's been billed. The cars looked better with all that extra rubber and chub.

It was good, in as much as Mercedes don't look to be operating in a completely different level to every other team, but I'm yet to be convinced it'll be the overtake fest that's been billed. The cars looked better with all that extra rubber and chub.

To be fair, Melbourne being a street circuit doesn't tend to lend itself to overtaking at the best of times. Not saying there will be the billed levels of overtaking but don't write it off just yet... give it another fortnight. :lol:

Haven't seen the race though; Sky is still registered in Hull, the internet here is broken (f*****g Talk Talk!) so no Sky Go and I've been out all day today so not even seen the C4 highlights... which they're not replaying... and I can't even watch on catch up because the f*****g internet is broken!

[/first world problems]