2017 F1 Chat Thread

Ebized

If sodding Andy 'Miserable Git' Murray can get knighted for winning Wimbledon twice and the Olympics twice, I'll be amazed if Lewis doesn't get a knighthood in the next couple of years.

Not saying for one minute that either of them deserve, mind.

• Like 2

If sodding Andy 'Miserable Git' Murray can get knighted for winning Wimbledon twice and the Olympics twice, I'll be amazed if Lewis doesn't get a knighthood in the next couple of years.

Not saying for one minute that either of them deserve, mind.

The BBC would have sent a 1000 begging letters to the queen asking for him to be knighted anyway ;)

I guess I don't really mind Murray being knighted, it just annoys me that they've done it whilst he's still playing: For me, a knighthood should come long after your career has ended, when it can reviewed in a fairer light.

• Like 2

If I'd won 3 World championships, I'd have cards printed up to present to everyone I met :D.

:lol: That made me laugh I always said you were a modest man G - just love that comment :thumbs:

• Like 1

I guess I don't really mind Murray being knighted, it just annoys me that they've done it whilst he's still playing: For me, a knighthood should come long after your career has ended, when it can reviewed in a fairer light.

That's a really old fashioned opinion....one that I happen to agree with actually :)

Pete

Manor Racing in trouble...

It's a shame, they made big progress last year, managed to get into Q2 several times and in the dry too! The sport needs teams like Manor and Sauber, not just to bring up the rear but to blood new talent. As far as them being replaced, it's so difficult to get the funding required these days that the only real options are big manufacturers say like Audi, Toyota, BMW and VW and currently none of those are interested.

Pete

• Like 1

However, he's from an era when it was much harder to win one, never mind three world championships.

You were lucky to survive 3 seasons back then ! Stewart was good, no doubt about that. It's difficult to compare him with drivers of the modern era, he was a great thinker, didn't take chances, rarely crashed and could get the best out of a car that was built in a woodyard (yes really). He also had exceptional eyesight and peripheral vision .He never had the speed of Clark, Rindt or Peterson but we all know how they ended up.

Pete

Just for clarity, Sterling Moss was, IMO, the bravest and best driver ever and he won no world championships. A real gentleman driver, with a talent that modern drivers will never have. His exploits in the Mille Miglia is enough to convince me.

• Like 1

If i was still competing and got a knighthood, i'd be embarrassed in front of my peers. :blush:

Industry 'Captains', actors, actresses and politicians don't appear embarrassed in front of their peers, why should a still competing sportsman/woman :shrug:

That is a significant change there! And, I never knew that the fronts on an F1 were as skinny!

A knighthood should be given after a lifetime worth of achievement, not just ten years.

Can't help but think that the tyres will still be the limiting factor in fun racing again this year. Pirelli really need a kick up the arse, or better still open it up to more than one manufacturer again.

If i was still competing and got a knighthood, i'd be embarrassed in front of my peers. :blush:

Industry 'Captains', actors, actresses and politicians don't appear embarrassed in front of their peers, why should a still competing sportsman/woman :shrug:

Because Industry 'Captains', actors, actresses and politicians aren't competing with one another.

A Knighthood is the highest honour that can be bestowed upon Andy Murray... and then in the Australian Open he'll get his ass handed to him by Djokovic. Not very impressive for a Knight of the Realm is it. :lol:

Because Industry 'Captains', actors, actresses and politicians aren't competing with one another.

A Knighthood is the highest honour that can be bestowed upon Andy Murray... and then in the Australian Open he'll get his ass handed to him by Djokovic. Not very impressive for a Knight of the Realm is it. :lol:

Really?, so you believe there's no competition in industry/banking, acting or politics? :lol: :lol: :lol:, that's hilarious :lol:

I had Mo Farah in mind.

Edited by The G Man

Really?, so you believe there's no competition in industry/banking, acting or politics? :lol: :lol: :lol:, that's hilarious :lol:

I had Mo Farrow in mind.

Its not the same though is it. :yawn: