Anyone play guitar?

TT350

5709F4DC-7FBD-45B0-8E4E-4F7368EBA140_zpsydsiqbo4.jpg

Victory V30 'The Countess' 40w head plus matching V212VV with 2x12" Celestion Vintage 30s in it. It's awesome B)

Tried the V30, the Blackstar 5H-R and the Orange Dual Terror. The Orange was great but not the tone I was after, and I initially went with the Blackstar as it sounded more versatile until I went back to the Victory and bizarrely it was like night and day. The V30 is two-channel, with a lush clean channel that crunches up nicely if you push it and an overdrive channel that's just barking filth. It's got soooo much oomph this thing, even at fractional volumes it'll push the air right out from under you. Thankfully it has adjustable power outputs for bedroom/studio use, from 40w to 7w to 2w. Trust me, even 2w is more than enough if you want to get on with the neighbours! :lol:

Silly money really, but it's absolutely beautiful and I now feel like I've got a whole bunch more options now. I also bought a hanger for the LTD as it doesn't sit properly in the rack, and had a general tidy up too:

DBD9DDFA-C492-4AEB-A35D-C76EC859201B_zpsug4jnqqx.jpg

• Like 2

Fair. Never even touch my current guitars, but occasionally get the urge to buy a Beast even if it's just to hang on a wall and look pretty.

...and hang it next to a white Les Paul (Epiphone cos I'm not made of money).

AW_Splash.jpg

Edited by Strudul

• 2 weeks later...

Quick little anecdote here, not for any particular reason but just a show of why customer service is worth it's weight in gold.

After an hour or so of playing my new V30 amp, I noticed that I was getting massive pops whenever I changed from the drive channel to the clean, but never the other way round. I made Andertons aware of this pretty sharpish, they didn't offer any real advice outside of the usual try a different cable thing (which I did, no joy), so I took a punt and contacted Victory direct. Got a reply from Andy the next day, who is the top service guy there, who suggested it might be a faulty preamp valve. I put together a little video for him demonstrating how bad it was, and after a discussion between him and Martin (Kidd, from Cornford Amps fame) they said that it was actually a faulty mute circuit. Couple of emails between them and Andertons with me copied in as well and everyone had agreed that I should just take mine back and swap it out for a new one. Here is a reason to always keep the box...

Popped in, swapped amp, job done. Re-tested their demo one which definitely didn't pop so I wasn't going mad, and came out with a brand new one that doesn't pop at all. In fact I'd say it sounds meatier yet clearer than the old one, suggesting to me that there might've been a catastrophic failure somewhere on the board somewhere. It was all handled so professionally yet friendly on both sides, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either company to anyone. Victory especially were superb, and I'm glad I bought from a smaller British firm rather than just buy a Mesa Boogie now.

Unfortunately I also got round to trying some Les Pauls, and I now want one of those too. I've chosen the guitar I want, I just can't decide on colour. Tempted to buy both then send back the one I don't like. Expensive trip was expensive! :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Done another buy:

19399783_10155232833061047_4551163013248165916_n.jpg?oh=b9033fd5b146f9d7248ff3549e5596ce&oe=59E4BB25

1960 Tribute Plus, so Epiphone MIC body but with Gibson '57 pups & Grover tuners, plus fancy hard case. It's absolutely gorgeous to play, even though it's not the lightest thing I own, but I do prefer a heavy guitar sometimes. The tone is out of this world, and I've also picked up a THD Hotplate attentuator as well so I can drive the V30 really hard now and this thing just sings. Love it :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 03/11/2017 at 07:09, Ekona said:

Nah, it’s a cheapy Bronze Series one. Horrible thing to play as the balance is dreadful (much worse than an SG) and the pickups muddy, but it does still look cool so it stays. :) 

God your collection has grown since the last time I was on here! My first guitar was a bc rich warlock in metalic blue, it didnt have the scorpion head. So the balance was ok.. until it met the floor from height and died :)