Hi all, just got my first Z.

Hi everyone,

Just got my first Z and boy does she make me smile :teeth:.

She is a 2008 currently on 55,600 miles and I plan on getting some work done on her, I would greatly appreciate any advise as I am not mechanically minded, (I'm a nurse). The work I will have done will be carried out by professionals, the wealth of knowledge on here is amazing!

Again, nice to meet you all :)

MTFBWY,

Ricky

Morning Ricky and :welcome: to the forum! Be sure to attach some pics to your post of your Zed! As far as working on your Zed, it's always worth a search on here to see how difficult some jobs can, or can't be. There's tonnes of in-depth tutorials and It's surprising that the jobs that look daunting, can sometimes be quite straight forward.

Unless it's an engine swap, or something along those lines, in which case it may be worth paying a professional! :lol:

• Like 1

Morning Ricky and :welcome: to the forum! Be sure to attach some pics to your post of your Zed! As far as working on your Zed, it's always worth a search on here to see how difficult some jobs can, or can't be. There's tonnes of in-depth tutorials and It's surprising that the jobs that look daunting, can sometimes be quite straight forward.

Unless it's an engine swap, or something along those lines, in which case it may be worth paying a professional! :lol:

Thank you for the welcome Connor :thumbs: I will be sure to post pics of my Z before I do anything.

A very Happy New Year to you and yours :)

Thank you for the welcome Connor :thumbs: I will be sure to post pics of my Z before I do anything.

Definitely post some pics up, is that her in your profile pic?

Hope you've had a great Christmas and hope you also have a great New Year! :)

Definitely post some pics up, is that her in your profile pic?

Hope you've had a great Christmas and hope you also have a great New Year! :)

Yes mate that's her in the profile pic.

Welcome to the club mate.

I was not mechanically minded at all and my first car was given to garages to do everything. This cost me a fortune and when I got my 2nd car and started to modify that I decided to learn at the same time. Started with the simple jobs and gradually got more in depth. I have now done 2 engine and gearbox swaps and looking at a third.

When you get over the fear you realise that everything just bolts on. Obviously cambelts and things are a bit more complicated but generally speaking it all just bolts together. Just start small and work slowly taking pictures if you have to and make sure you know where everything came from.

• Like 1