Did something stupid Today! :-(

timb2010

For Christmas I treated my Zed to new oil (Shell Helix Ultra Professional AG 5W30 Fully Synthetic), new oil Filter and 2x new Gates belts. I also got a full set of stainless steel clips U-Clips and Stainless bolts for the under-tray and bumper fixing.

I put the front up on ramps, the other half was going out so to be double sure I put a couple of axel stands just loose underneath.

Everything went great, belts replaced, oil changed, I then drilled and repaired/replaced the 14 under-tray bolts and clips, i even got the lip spoiler to clip right up again the bottom of the bumper. So I finally reversed back down off the ramps and heard a loud crunching sound. Stupidly I had left the axel stands underneath!!! :wacko:

The one side is scratched and creased but you cant see it from the front, the other side has a tennis ball sized dent down to the black plastic and lots of fold marks where the stand squashed it. How stupid! It still completely drivable and nothing I can see damaged underneath.

Options now I guess are:

1) Replace the bumper like for like. (Gun-metal pre facelift)

2) Replace with facelift bumper

3) Get the Nismo V2 that I've always wanted.

4) See if it can be repaired and sprayed, but its not in the best shape.

I've wanted a V2 Nismo replica since day one but its always been an extra luxury to fork out on.

What would you guys do? What do you think would be most cost effective?

For Christmas I treated my Zed to new oil (Shell Helix Ultra Professional AG 5W30 Fully Synthetic), new oil Filter and 2x new Gates belts. I also got a full set of stainless steel clips U-Clips and Stainless bolts for the under-tray and bumper fixing.

I put the front up on ramps, the other half was going out so to be double sure I put a couple of axel stands just loose underneath.

Everything went great, belts replaced, oil changed, I then drilled and repaired/replaced the 14 under-tray bolts and clips, i even got the lip spoiler to clip right up again the bottom of the bumper. So I finally reversed back down off the ramps and heard a loud crunching sound. Stupidly I had left the axel stands underneath!!! :wacko:

The one side is scratched and creased but you cant see it from the front, the other side has a tennis ball sized dent down to the black plastic and lots of fold marks where the stand squashed it. How stupid! It still completely drivable and nothing I can see damaged underneath.

Options now I guess are:

I've wanted a V2 Nismo replica since day one but its always been an extra luxury to fork out on.

Hey stop trying to steal my job I do stupid with ramps and axle stands ETC :angry:

Seriously mate don't beat yourself up we all have these slip ups it's not catastrophic I nearly killed myself last year have a read of the link below you'll feel better feel free to have a laugh at my expense.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/78039-diy-rear-mount/page__st__260#entry1431006

:)

I see only 2 options really:

1) Leave as it is until you 'get around' to purchasing a Nismo V2 bumper to replace it with

2) Push the Nismo V2 bumper up in priority and replace it right away.

Personally if I will be changing the bumper in the future anyway then I see little point in repairing the bumper or buying a new pre-facelift or facelift bumper to replace it with. May aswell wait and fork out the extra for that something that you have always wanted :) perfect excuse.

• Like 1

I have a nismo V2 bumper in gun metal that Im looking to sell...

Could be just the cure to help you get over your sudden case of @*!# to the brain 😉 We've all done it boss, dont worry!

Thanks !!

Is it a replica? If you are selling I would definitely be interested. I will send you a PM

Ouch, but what i cant figure out is why the axel stands are under the front bumper? Surely u would of had them under the jacking point on the side???

They were placed under the lower arms on either side. They were just placed underneath incase the ramps failed. When I reversed they got dragged out of the front.

• Like 1

Options now I guess are:

Hey stop trying to steal my job I do stupid with ramps and axle stands ETC :angry:

Seriously mate don't beat yourself up we all have these slip ups it's not catastrophic I nearly killed myself last year have a read of the link below you'll feel better feel free to have a laugh at my expense.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/78039-diy-rear-mount/page__st__260#entry1431006

:)

Thanks mate, glad your ok! I always worry about being squashed as the Z is lowered and there wouldn't be much breathing room under there!!

Ouch, but what i cant figure out is why the axel stands are under the front bumper? Surely u would of had them under the jacking point on the side???

They were placed under the lower arms on either side. They were just placed underneath incase the ramps failed. When I reversed they got dragged out of the front.

ahhh its all makes sense now!!! Dont beat yourself up, i done the same to a different car lol but was the boot floor, had 2 stands under it with a bit of 2x2 holding a exhuast up while fitting. Forgot to take them out and lowered the car down lol