Anyone else have there Zed's tucked away for winter? Also what I bought.

celiabaker

Anyone else on here who doesn't actually use there Zed in the winter/as a daily?

Mines tucked away behind some cars. Really do missed driving it but I live on a farm and cars get ruined in the when driven in the winter going up and down our lane.

Also I bought a couple cool items online yesterday. 😎😎

post-28856-0-58253700-1482885538_thumb.png

post-28856-0-66439300-1482885585_thumb.png

post-28856-0-64634700-1482885637_thumb.png

Nearly slipped over de-icing the car this morning. Car slid to a halt at the end of the road. Traction control seems to work well.....

Primera GT went onto three cylinders last night and I could not be arsed to change the plugs in the dark so the Z had to come out for work today.

• 2 weeks later...

My Zed is the daily. Dont like the idea of locking cars away, they are designed to be driven and used and so thats what I shall do. The exception being a TVR Cerbera, these things should only come out when it is 100% dry and warm out!

Once the VR4 is back on the road that will be my go to car for the icy/snowy winter days due to the AWD and AYC but the Zed will still get used for the shorter journeys.

How is it a waste.... I could only dream of a car like this and it is very precious too me. I value the things I own because I work so hard for them, so if I want to keep them nice and in good condition I don't see a problem.

I absolutely love driving this car 6 months of the year and I always lots compliments on how clean I keep it :)

I'm very OCD about my cars. Apart from my £150 daily which I crash into things on purpose 😂😂😂

Why spend all that money loving something you only use half the time? You can still keep something in good condition and use it all the time. You could save your self £10K and just stare at a picture if you just want something pretty to look at ;)

• Like 1

Locking something up is just gonna cause issues, even with charges for batteries etc, I know people who still get issues lol. Use the damn thing and even if you have another car still bring it out at some point in the week!

• Like 2

There are a lot of cars that need locking up over the winter and the rest of the year. Zed is not one of them:-). Mine is not my daily but when I need cheering up, I drive it to work. If we didn't have winter then maybe we wouldn't look after them as well as we do. We do.don't we? Being a jock in exile my Zed says "Freedom" to me.

Im more OCD about my cars than 99% of people, but mine does all year round. You get some stunning weather between October and April in the UK. Cold dry mornings with the sun out, fantastic for taking the car out for a run...why deny yourself the enjoyment.

• Like 1

The thing is, you miss out on ownership but still suffer the same depreciation (Beavis excepted :) ). "Never been used in the rain/winter" "Been stored for 3 years" won't count for a jot if you p/ex at a dealers. Might get you a bit more in a private sale to an enthusiast, that's the way I look at it.

Pete

Eh mines been stored the last month of so, came out twice so far but only when its been a crisp dry day. Would much rather soggy salt doesnt get clogged everywhere underneath just for too rot away if it can be helped!

Besides got the Honda to rust first and that loves a wheel spin in the wet!

• Like 1

Eh mines been stored the last month of so, came out twice so far but only when its been a crisp dry day. Would much rather soggy salt doesnt get clogged everywhere underneath just for too rot away if it can be helped!

Besides got the Honda to rust first and that loves a wheel spin in the wet!

Haha I've got a Honda for that too 😂😂

• Like 1