My current car, Focus ST MK2 (with pictures)

nowhereboy

Starting to loose patience now. Cars off the road again! :angry:

I sorted the original misfire issue but yesterday I get another misfire, this time lower down in the rev's and before boost even kicks in. This time the car's dropped a cylinder and is running on 4. Back to worrying about liners again! Still not loosing coolant and not got any smoke pouring out the back so I'm hopeful it's a plug/coil issue. Back working at the opposite end of the country for the next two weeks so can't even arrange to get it looked at until I get home, not the nicest thing to have hanging over me while working away.

If anything else goes wrong after this I'll be selling up by the look's of it, I need a fast reliable daily, not a car that's constantly needing fettled with.

Thinking about buying something new to avoid all this carry on. Only car's that really interest me are the FK2 Type R and the Focus RS.....

I'm starting to learn it's luck of the draw with the ST/RS.

Thanks mad dog but John who does mine is also a well respected guy within the ford scene and he's on my doorstep, he's built a good few cover cars over the year and knows these cars inside out too.

Thankfully I'm making good money here at the minute so when I get home I'll be getting the block mod and CP340 tune along with all new pipes, better injectors etc. John showed me a CP340 ST with 130k on the clock not long ago and the owner has beat the life out of it with no problems for years. Hopefully I'll have no more issues after this.

Haven't really considered what to do if the engine is buggered. Bit of a no win either way, either sell up and loose money on the car and still have outstanding finance on it or replace/ build motor and spend upwards of 3k.

People did use to say to me when I had my Ford ST24; "Oh you've got a Ford, ...you know what that stands for don't you? Fix Or Repair Daily" :lol::blush:

In fairness though my Ford Mondeo ST24 I had was pretty good with only one fault cropping up during my ownership which was a known common fault of the water pump impeller blades breaking down (plastic) and needing replacement.

Sometimes you just get unlucky with cars I think NWB. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to update this thread! Turns out the old owner put the worlds worst spark plugs in and one of them had completely destroyed itself. Ive never saw a plug like it, there was bassicly nothing left of it. By some miracle it has either melted into nothing or went into the clyinder and somehow not caused any damage. Replaced plugs with decent ones and all is good. Compression good on all 5 cylinders too.

• Like 1

I can understand this. It's nice making things your own but trying to make cars go far quicker than intended will almost always result in them not working half the time and then draining your wallet and I got bored with that after a while. If you want a faster car, buy one, the agro of making a slower car quicker just isn't worth it

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Im leaning towards that way of thinking now. Still its very satisying having a car much faster than what it was standard (when its working properly). Dont want to jinx things but its running very well at the minute. Suppprised a new shape focus RS and a HR Z yesterday, all within legal limits obviously. Still cant lie ive really got the ford bug now and the new RS is very tempting.

Went into a ford dealer today. Honestly Im sure they dont actuallly want to sell any RS's. every time ive enquired about one im met with complete un enthusiasm, today I was pointed in the direction of a disel ST and told "this is bassicly the same as the RS but better mpg" and "we dont get the RS in very often". I was then offered 6k for a car I paid 11 for 5 month ago. No thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

Broke the CV Boot on the Driveshafts and was loosing oil, common problem on ST's especially once modified, just lucky I caught it in time otherwise it would have been a new drive shaft Job. Driveshaft out this morning, new CV Boot fitted and all back together again within the hour.  

ST.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Screamer pipe would be awesome but I belive Id need aftermarket turbo to run one. Gave the engine bay a proper clean today and gave the car a well needed wash/wax. So nice having a car with zero rust/scratches and such nice condition paint for once! 

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Been quiet for a while and forgot to update this thread!

After a rather disappointing day on the rollers recently I have been changing a few bits and bobs. 

Car ran 292BHP and 380IBFT instead of the 320BHP I was expecting. I put this down to a VERY hot atmosphere temp (29) and rubbish intake. Worth a mention several cars were down on power this day when compared to runs done last year with exactly the same set ups etc. Since ordered a nice carbon enclosed intake instead of the open cone I had previously and a nice vent pod boost gauge to accurately monitor boost (with the bonus of it looking cool). 

Aiming for a few subtle styling mods and then calling it a day for now and putting my money into other ventures (such as the house before the Mrs kills me). 

Will get some recent pictures and videos of the Dyno run up shortly.