nubs White 370Z GT Edition

nub

Bloody hell, I know photoshopping is s common thing but damn you're good and I didn't notice your first one before I posted. Can you PM me your Facebook info if you don't mind?

:lol:

Can do, just don't go looking for my nudes :unsure:

Thank you. I've found you but it's ok you don't need to message me back.

Of the last two images you posted, the last one; was it your version of flat/matts black?

9c8a084d75955701d4e29a57c8d0a505.png

Because it's the one I prefer and looks like the Rays flat brack I know. The one before is similar but lighter.

Could you just do one more and shop the wheels flat black on this following photo ? This was taken when it's not very bright but where's its sunny next I will try get a better photo from similar position and be very cheeky and ask you to do the same if you don't mind because it will give me 95% confidence in whether to refurb them or not.

d4898d8a503d25340c3ca2100ac7aa19.jpg

Thanks buddy 😀ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the last 3 images:

First one is from

- black plasti dip, but from watching the vid, it's usually darker, but looks paler because of how the light is hitting it at the time.

maxresdefault.jpg

2nd is from here - powdercoated, 80pct gloss, 20pct matte black

AfterProfile.jpg

3rd Is the 1st, but I made them darker.

Edited by Strudul

Had a quick bash, but to be perfectly honest, i'm just making it up. I can't show you exactly what it'll look like because I don't know.

There will be a big difference depending on whether you go dip or powder coat. And they tone will vary massively depending on the angle and light.

I'd say the video I linked of the guy with matte black plasti-dipped wheels is your best point of reference. Then powder coat should give you a much deeper black with less of a plasticy shine.

d635e41d56c96436fa9723460cb33b27.jpg

Strudel your shops have been very useful and I'm pretty much decided on flat black. Do you have this picture without it being cropped ?

44e7f025fb65322e951235a464c0632b.jpg

So I've had it 3 whole days and really love it but I'm impatient to starts getting it how i want it.

Even with my new 370z being 304whp (supposedly 340-345bhp) @ Abbey motorsport, my FN2 was still noticeably quicker and the extra torque on paper is negated by about 200KGs. Gearbox is close ratio and positive enough but no match for the FN2 slick changes. In other ways though it's a massive upgrade and just in another league, mods aside these are not in the same price bracket anyway. I appreciate the 370z because it looks and sounds good above all else. I think a CW fully mugen'd FN2 is one of the best looking cars on the road, but underneath it is a Honda Civic.

As for mods I will hope to get it to around 360bhp with ECUtek and adding stillen G3 andART decats. As I've stated I've already determined what I feel the best exhaust combo is to make it sound epic. So I'll be swapping mine eventually when i see bits pop up.

The plan one will be 2016 nismo bumpers and refurb the Rays flat black as soon as I can get more spare cash. I think lowering would make it look sportier too. And I know spacers are popular. Waiting for a dry day to try a 1st gear launch. It may be too cold though to get tyres up to temp.

Aside from suspension, alloy colour and the side decal what other revisions were made on the manual GT edition ?

a34a2d6fd8478a6317af7897fd55ed0b.jpg7d911c63876fd69e0e184405b341722f.jpghttps://vimeo.com/195895210

Glad you finally got there Nub, car looks awesome :D

Spacers help make the car look more aggressive imo

Looks smart Rich, is that stock ride height? Just spacer'd? 25mm? :)

Just spacers 25mm all round , I'd didnt want to lower it as it would have caused me issues , even at stock height the front splitter ground out in multistory car parks

• Like 1

Thanks, yeah I think spacers and refurb the wheels fiat black is the first thing I will do. It's hard to be patient, I wish I could do it all at once and buy the exhausts parts I need but I just need to save money for a few months !

Can anyone tell me where else is there s market for 2nd hand 370z parts? I've joined the FB groups busy many of them are in the US. I don't see much on eBay either

^^ based on these pics I have made up my mind that flat black is what I want to go for. If I hadn't been told I wouldn't even realise they were shopped.

I've already thanked you but thanks once again for saving me lots of time !

• Like 1

Damn this forum is not very active lol. Does anyone know what harm could be done putting in 97 RON as opposed to 98? There's very few petrol stations in my town that have 98, in fact I think Tesco momentum is 99 RON? And that's the fuel I'll be going for, it's only a short detour and kind of on the way to work. But is putting in 97 instead of 98 gonna cause any major issues ?

Cheers

Hi nub, my limited understanding is that the engine is designed to run with a higher compression ratio, which means the car needs higher octane fuel to ensure it doesn't ignite prematurely. I could be wrong though :/ Abbey put a map on my car that I can use if I ever needed to run with lower octane fuel for a short distance if I couldn't get premium unleaded. I use Shell's V-power, from what I read it's the best fuel for the car, but I have also used Tesco's momentum if I couldn't find a Shell garage.

Welcome to the Z club. I also have a white 70z GT edition.

I love the white 370z especially when people go black/white for colour schemes,and some carbon fibre ,both inside and out, but can anybody tell me this ,I am hearing rumours there will be no more 370z produced as they are wanting to turn it into a SUV.

ANY COMMENTS?? B):blush::rant:

I wouldnt put 97 in but thats just me

i had 3 maps with ECUTEK on my fi 370 and will do again

i had 98,97,and a 95 for just incase but the 95 was limited i think to stop me blowing it

even if i had mixed tank of 98,97 id run my 97 map for saftey

tesco at 99 sounds great but my pals evo with its stroker in hates the stuff loves the v power tho

Edited by nissanman312

I do use 97 RON and I had this same question when I was looking to buy my 370z as I'd have to drive seriously way out the way on some not nice roads stuck in traffic just to get anything higher than 97 (There is a Shell near me but the people who run it have been known to clone cards so I won't go near it)! I did loads of searches and found that there's a fair few people who run 97 and have had no issues so I felt a little easier so I then tried to do the research on which is the best 97 RON! I have the choice of 97's on my way to or from work and they are BP and ESSO. Anyway in the end I found Fifth gears petrol test fairly informative not sure of it's full scientific nature and whether it's 100% accurate but from that video alone I went with ESSO. It's a shame as the station is also a Tesco shop but they don't do the Momentum!

Here's the Fifth gear video (time stamped at the chart).

I also went off this thread (Been looking for it for ages); http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58381-viewed-a-demonstrator-always-run-on-95-ron/