370z Rubber Smell

awlp

Afternoon

I've got a problem with the Z, and wondering if anyone can help before I get it booked in so I've got an idea of what I'm facing

Did a 4 hour drive on Saturday, parked up and had the smell of hot rubber (the same smell as hot tyres) coming from the engine bay. It for sure wasn't the tyres as they were cold on wet roads. Drove about 20 minutes yesterday, the same smell again when parked up. It's not a plastic smell, pure rubber.

Now, there's no smoke coming from anywhere, the car drives and seems exactly as it should, and there's no warning lights coming up. The car was serviced 500ish miles ago with a P1, nothing wrong found as Horsham kindly checked over the car as the warranty was coming to it's end.

Any ideas?! Help would be appreciated. Hopefully it's not too big, as the warranty ran out 6 days ago!

Ta

Adam

It's not a belt is it?

If something has seized and the belt is being forced round it it'd smell like burning rubber. I'd have thought there'd be a terrible squeal to go with it though.

Don't think so no, belt at the front seems to be running fine with no noise or anything.

Whether it makes a difference, the smell is more prominent on the passenger side of the car.

Both of my 370z's used to smell of hot/burning rubber when I parked them up in the garage after a drive

That's what I've been reading on a few forums.

Had it up on a ramp last night, nothing untoward, no leaks, no seized pulleys, belts etc. Nothing stuck, no plastic bags. In fact, it was quite tidy underneath!