350Z Import - Owned for 6 weeks driven for 2 ....

Hi everyone! ( My first post!)

The title sounds horrendous but actually my experience has been good & I wanted to share it with you. I'm female by the way , are there many female 350Z owners in the forum?

So, I purchased a beautiful 350Z from Honda/Seats Automart in Blackpool. An import , 50k & only 2 previous owners. Beautiful condition inside and out.

I only had it for a week ( after being ripped off years ago with an Audi TT I know more than I should mechanically about cars!) & I recognised a few noises ,loss of power, burning smell!

To cut a long story short Honda have taken my car, replaced the clutch, flywheel with official nissan parts & there is also an 'off the shelf' steering part that has had to be imported direct from Nissan Japan ( apparantely this part is rare and around £700 but I cant remember the actual part name, anyone know?) Hence the reason they have had it for so long as they are waiting for the part to land in the UK.

Honda have been brilliant , I have had a courtesy car from the off with no mileage limits & they have gone above and beyond to stay in contact, refunded me instantly on a new battery & not scrimped on any parts! Nothing has been too much trouble for them.

Honda have never once tried to fob me off, bide time or send me away with any excuses like some past experiences I have had! So although Id prefer to be driving my car..Im happy with the customer service & all my dealings with them. They have also checked her out indepth & assure me my car will be like driving a new car when I get her back ( I have no reason not to believe this as they really have been brilliant )

The part arrives 13th December...New car for Xmas it is then !!

Previously I have owned : BMW 1 series, 3 series. Audi TT 1.8 T quattro, Audi TT, Audi A4, Audi A5 2.7 TDI... I like cars that can move. However the Nissan is the only car I actually have ever felt like I want to keep forever . I have all the cleaning & detailing kits ( my other cars I had regular valets) but I like cleaning my 350 myself :-)

Any other advise on how I can take care of her mechanically/bodywork/interior etc on my own, as she's a 2007 model & I'd like to keep her in mint condition

Thanks very much x

• Like 1

Welcome.

Lucky you bought it from such a good dealer who was willing to fix the problems. I got my Z 3 months ago and I'm still fighting to get the dealer to repair stuff. They fob me off, bide time, refute the consumer rights act, insult me, insult my driving, and straight up lie.

• Like 1

Welcome.

Lucky you bought it from such a good dealer who was willing to fix the problems. I got my Z 3 months ago and I'm still fighting to get the dealer to repair stuff. They fob me off, bide time, refute the consumer rights act, insult me, insult my driving, and straight up lie.

This is exactly the reason why I did the post...Ive been ripped off by garages in the past & found them difficult to deal with (and yes you do get undermined being female for sure )..we are quick to say when we have bad dealings so I wanted to share my good experience for any future buyers (check out Honda/Seats Automarts first ,they really have been brilliant).

Really sorry to hear you are having problems. I took a 2 year extra warranty too as I like to cover all my bases (past lessons learnt)..but this work is being done under the standard 4 week warranty.

I genuinely hope you manage to get something sorted I know too well how it feels...one of my nightmares was a timing belt snapping after 6 weeks of ownership..16 valves, cylinder head blown...cost £2500 to fix. Independent garage man disappeared on me! Stranded in the middle of Yorkshire!

I'll never be that naive & vulnerable again xx

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Tracey. :welcome:

Plenty of info around the forum to help you look after all aspects of the Zed for example....

Service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

Detailing sub section here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/23-car-detailing/

One thing that I'm sure you're aware of anyway being into your cars though is to check the oil level regularly. It's the life blood of any engine so regular checks are so important. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome.

This is exactly the reason why I did the post...Ive been ripped off by garages in the past & found them difficult to deal with (and yes you do get undermined being female for sure )..we are quick to say when we have bad dealings so I wanted to share my good experience for any future buyers (check out Honda/Seats Automarts first ,they really have been brilliant).

Really sorry to hear you are having problems. I took a 2 year extra warranty too as I like to cover all my bases (past lessons learnt)..but this work is being done under the standard 4 week warranty.

I genuinely hope you manage to get something sorted I know too well how it feels...one of my nightmares was a timing belt snapping after 6 weeks of ownership..16 valves, cylinder head blown...cost £2500 to fix. Independent garage man disappeared on me! Stranded in the middle of Yorkshire!

Funnily enough the dealer I bought from used to be a Honda dealer until they get their license revoked, and now they are Citroen.

I took out the extended 18 month RAC warranty (but it's not really with the RAC, that's just a name they use to sell it).

The repairs should be being done under the standard consumer rights act 30 day / 6 month guarantee, but they are just fighting me at every turn.

It's nice to here that they aren't all like this though :thumbs:

One thing that I'm sure you're aware of anyway being into your cars though is to check the oil level regularly. It's the life blood of any engine so regular checks are so important. ;)

Mine was sold without enough oil in it to start with (though it obviously still passed the MOT they did....) :blush:

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

Welcome.

Funnily enough the dealer I bought from used to be a Honda dealer until they get their license revoked, and now they are Citroen.

I took out the extended 18 month RAC warranty (but it's not really with the RAC, that's just a name they use to sell it).

The repairs should be being done under the standard consumer rights act 30 day / 6 month guarantee, but they are just fighting me at every turn.

It's nice to here that they aren't all like this though :thumbs:

Mine was sold without enough oil in it to start with (though it obviously still passed the MOT they did....) :blush:

The warranty I have for 2 years is with Autoprotect & I can claim as many times upto a £1000 a time. Anyone had any dealings or know anything about Autoprotect Warranties?

There are so many garages that wash their hands after selling a car & refuse to accept responsibility. We always hear about the 3 month rule but what is the next step we can take when dealing with an uninterested garage? Small claims court? I never hear any steady solutions in these situations?

Plenty of info around the forum to help you look after all aspects of the Zed for example....

Service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

Detailing sub section here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/23-car-detailing/

Thankyou ✨ I try to use premium petrol & I always check the oil, have to admit the dipstick caught me out when I first got my Zed.. was confused for a minute 😂!

I can feel when the oil is low on driving almost like a gritty feeling when driving ? Xx

• Like 1

Service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/

Detailing sub section here: http://www.350z-uk.c...-car-detailing/

Thankyou ✨ I try to use premium petrol & I always check the oil, have to admit the dipstick caught me out when I first got my Zed.. was confused for a minute ������!

I can feel when the oil is low on driving almost like a gritty feeling when driving ? Xx

Yep that's an important one, ...always use Super Unleaded in the Zed.

The dipstick isn't the best design so it can be tricky to get the hang of. Usually best to check the level more than once if you're ever unsure. :thumbs:

The warranty I have for 2 years is with Autoprotect & I can claim as many times upto a £1000 a time. Anyone had any dealings or know anything about Autoprotect Warranties?

There are so many garages that wash their hands after selling a car & refuse to accept responsibility. We always hear about the 3 month rule but what is the next step we can take when dealing with an uninterested garage? Small claims court? I never hear any steady solutions in these situations?

(Un)fortunately I've become an expert in this.

Under the Consumer Rghts Act 2015, if the car is not of satisfactory quality (accounting for age / mileage), doesn't match the description, or isn't fit for purpose, if you report the fault in:

- The first 30 days, you are entitled to a full refund or you can ask for a repair / replacement.

- The first 6 months, you have the option of repair or replacement.

If you aren't satisfied with how the dealer is handling things, you have a few options depending on what outcome you want:

- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) schemes

- Ombudsman

- Getting repairs done yourself then attempting to claim back the cost (may require small claims court)

- Small claims court (usually more of a final resort and can still be used regardless of the result of using an ADR / ombudsman)

- Sec 75 claim if purchased with a credit card

• Like 1

Welcome.

It's nice to see Honda are being good to you. Most warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on. I'm praying I don't need to claim on mine but I've only got Engine and gearbox cover.

Must be hard waiting for the car. Hopefully it will be back soon and you can start to enjoy Christmas.

😊

• Like 1

Welcome.

It's nice to see Honda are being good to you. Most warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on. I'm praying I don't need to claim on mine but I've only got Engine and gearbox cover.

Must be hard waiting for the car. Hopefully it will be back soon and you can start to enjoy Christmas.

😊

I'm looking forward to getting her back I have to be honest!! Xx

• Like 1

Hey Tracey, welcome to the forum and as you've noticed already, we're a pretty friendly bunch, full of advice tips and expert knowledge (mostly). Its a really rare thing to have a dealer look after you in the right way. Looking forward to seeing some photo's and i hope you enjoy your Zed experience as much as I've enjoyed mine. Four and a half years of ownership still brings a smile to my face when I climb in and start her up. Easily the most enjoyable car I've owned, also the most reliable, other than consumables it's run as sweet as a nut from the day I bought it. Happy motoring. :)