Is the 370Z Reliable? Warranty Cost?

FallenAngelX

Hey all, I am a previous owner of a 350z that cost me a lot! Things kept going wrong so i fixed it had enough and sold it. Now i had read these were reliable cars maybe i was unlucky or the previous owner shafted me.

No doubt this has left a sour taste in my mouth, how ever a little part of me feels like the 370Z may well be okay and i was just unlucky. So I have a few questions.

1. How reliable are these cars, do the wheel arches still rust? Does the bose radio still skip

2. How much is a nissan warranty on these and what does it cover. I am looking at a 11 plate 370z with 40k miles ish. I notice they do 2 levels of cover, one of which is only elegible for cars under 7 years old

3. Any known issues i should be aware of?

4. Do nissan provide warranty if minor modifications for cosmetics are done ie body kit / springs.

Thanks All

Just my personal exsperiance (probably bad luck) my car is a 2015 nismo now with 23,000miles on. After 6000miles 6months the csc seals went leaked fluid over my clutch and had to get all that replaced. Nissan warrenty wouldnt touch the clutch as its not coverd and blamed it on my mods and tune up . the boot springs stopped working after a week or so although they did replace them . the drl in the bumper filled up with water after the cars was only a few months old they replaced that on warranty. The rear interior constantly squeeks and rubs when driving. Oh and my manual gear box broke last week nissan wouldnt touch it due to my mods.... On the plus side its great fun to drive . the sound system doesnt skip and no rust so far haha.

If i had my time and money back i wouldnt buy one again they just dont feel like a quality car .

But what does it say in the contract you signed? That's the supporting documentation they'll use in court, and even if an agent has agreed otherwise after the event they will certainly still refer to the original terms you agreed to. 50/50 then if a judge takes your side or theirs.

Warranty booklet exclusions below. Better than I expected, but you could well find yourself being stuck with the cost of a new engine should you have an aftermarket exhaust fitted.

Damage which has occurred as a result of any accessory being fitted (unless the accessory is approved

by the manufacturer for use on the Vehicle and fitted according to instructions provided by the

manufacturer of the accessory).

The consequences of repairs, conversions or modifications carried out by firms not approved by the

manufacturer

Warranty booklet exclusions below. Better than I expected, but you could well find yourself being stuck with the cost of a new engine should you have an aftermarket exhaust fitted.

Damage which has occurred as a result of any accessory being fitted (unless the accessory is approved

by the manufacturer for use on the Vehicle and fitted according to instructions provided by the

The consequences of repairs, conversions or modifications carried out by firms not approved by the

manufacturer

Is this from the new car warranty booklet or the used car warranty booklet?

manufacturer

Is this from the new car warranty booklet or the used car warranty booklet?

Used, the 3-10 year one.

On a new car under EU block exemption rules you're able to do a lot more without worry.

Buy them 3 year old when they have lost half the value screw there warranty have 10/15k in your pocket should problems arise

Not exactly helpful if the only reason you can afford one after three years is because they're now in your price range though. You may have a grand or so as a slush fund, but £10k? I'd be amazed if 1% had that.

Not exactly helpful if the only reason you can afford one after three years is because they're now in your price range though. You may have a grand or so as a slush fund, but £10k? I'd be amazed if 1% had that.

Even if someone did have a £10k slush fund, I don't think they would want to be spending it on repairs...

• Like 1

Buy them 3 year old when they have lost half the value screw there warranty have 10/15k in your pocket should problems arise

Sorry your right

I'm thinking of people paying for cars outright as opposed to finance

Thought I'd throw my opinion on the reliability side following earlier opinions to balance the debate.

Had my roadster from new for nearly 7 years. Only thing I've spent money on as a necessity was a windscreen washer pump. Cars otherwise in perfect condition.

Mechanically solid car but not refined. Very rough on the edges but that's part of the appeal I guess.

Would I buy another one? I dunno actually.. Tough question!

Yeah more on topic

I had the steering lock fail

Replaced under warranty

Fuel sender fail replaced on warranty and failed again

Apart from that spot on also Coverd 15k supercharged no problems

My new one seems to be fine apart from the radio volume control has a mind of its own

Not a big issue I use the steering wheel control anyway

No car is perfect the 370 seems to be generally good

I'm surprised at the rotten luck Kharmon is having :(

10-15k repair fund on the 370Z. Lol you would think this car was a 997 carrera with borescoring issues. Called Nissan today regarding warranty on a used car. Top and bottom is they dont do it. Very dissapointing considering a fully inclusive Z4 35IS DCT warranty is only 400 for the year. Seems like a risk getting one of these from what people have said

Buying anything used is always a risk. Just don't know what previous owners have been doing to the thing. There's some proper @*!# drivers out there lol

Do your research and buy a well looked after example with good history.

Depends on your own style, a Z4 is a hairdressers car in my eyes but everyone has their own style I guess.

Good luck

Wait for a good car to be appear! I mean I got mine which was 2 and a half years old and under 7k on the clock for an absolute bargain (Auto 370z GT Edition - £20k)! So I still had some of the Nissan Warranty then the dealer then gave me their warranty once the Nissan warranty ran out! While it's not as good as Nissans it's still pretty nice to have. I did wait awhile until the right car came up though (1-2 years), so do keep an eye out, especially on this forum for cars appearing! In my 6/7 months of ownership mines been fantastic the only cost that's about to hit me is for new tyres as it's still on the old and pretty rubbish stock tyres!

Edited by Tidgney

Worst case on a 370 is a new engine, so £1500 covers that. Keep that as a slush fund and you're sorted.

£1500 for a new engine? More like £4-£5k plus another £1k to fit it and £1k to put a new clutch in it as you would be mad not to

I wouldnt worry about the engines on these they are pretty solid, its not a complex car at the end of the day and there are no real horror stories having a slush fund is advisable on any used car and even warranties dont mean you are fully covered