failed to stop collision - she's back

mr_smith126

Some people are just plain rude >

https://www.facebook...154686575420050

I'm a bit OCD about my cars, so trying to work out if I go through the insurance or not.. have sent off for some guesstimates today for repair..

If anyone has a genuine drivers wing in good original condition, not repaired let me know so I can explore this option..

Thank guys.

Edited by mr_smith126

I feel your pain !

Someone hit my drivers side rear quarter panel while it was parked. They also drove off, and no note left.

I still need to get it repaired at a cost of approx. £600.

Looking at the image, it looks like your front bumper is out of shape also. And based on the impacted area you may wish to get a geometry check carried out to eliminate any possible wheel alignment issues.

I hope you mange to get it sorted soon.

• Like 2

Sorry to see that mr_smith. :scare::byebye:

Rob332 made some sensible suggestions as I'd definitely get the geo checked, ...I'm surprised that your alloy looks completely unmarked. :dry: Maybe that means it was a higher vehicle like a 4x4, SUV or flatbed/tipper truck? :shrug: Just speculating.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Weird impact, side on? ( no scratches seems to suggest wasn't an impact from moving traffic alongside?)

What's on the other side of the road, someone reversing out might have hit it?

Reminds me I need a dash cam.. (not that it might have helped here)

This is a side road outside my local.. there was a big function that night so it all adds up to be a useless cab driver turning into a driveway then reversing into the wing with corner of bumper on a minibus type mpv thing..

There is a cctv on the side of the pub............. which, as discovered, has not been working since May!! :bang:

I think even above and beyond the rudeness of driving off is the timing over Christmas.

Not to worry she's now going to get a front end respray as a little extra treat..

Edited by mr_smith126

• 2 weeks later...

She's back..

I can highly recommend BMC bodyshop in Kings Langley if anyone is looking in this area.. speak to Shane.

They were good with communication, pondered to my ocd needs and the work seems to be of very good quality.

They sent someone to my house to pull the dent out so i didn't wreck my tyre as it was touching the wing.

She's had a new wing and full front end respray with the bodyshop and the geo all checked at wheels in motion in Chesham.

On top of that they corrected my headlights and painted my wipers for free!

Next step will be to redo the ceramic coating to the paintwork after a month once it has fully cured.

And the best thing, I have wheels for the Christmas break. :thumbs:

AdobePhotoshopExpress_0131deba3b0144489a4c9ea3ee481978.jpg

AdobePhotoshopExpress_b263946b12474dee924da8462ce3a42e.jpg

AdobePhotoshopExpress_c506dfc52f924ee1aee716f41e786149.jpg

AdobePhotoshopExpress_173fb0156b5d4bf0978ade282c6908bb.jpg

• Like 6