I hate other drivers!

Blocko

Couldn't do that round here. Your cone would just get nicked. :lol:

Funny you should say that. A few years ago I was touring The States in an RV and was staying in a National Park in Utah. Spaces on the RV only camp site were highly sought after, only about 30 pitches, and we had to get there pretty early in the morning to get ours. Later in the day we decided to go and visit another National Park that was nearby. Worried that someone would steal my place I asked the Park Ranger what I should do, he said just put a deck chair on your space to show its reserved. We did that but when we got back the deck chair had been nicked :surrender: . We told the ranger who was amazed, he said, I doubt if there's an RV on this park worth less than $50k why on earth someone would nick a $10 deck chair is beyond me. Anyway, we had to replace the deck chair (it was rented together with the RV) and it cost us $8 from Wal-Mart :lol: .

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Generally it's easy to theorise who the offending parties may be. In other words, people who aren't car people.

Older people, women in specific,

Women in general,

Younger children,

Hipsters.

There's more groups but they're just off the top of my head.

I for one would never even allow my door to so much as touch the door of the car next to me.

If you don't give a flying fridge about your car you're not going to value anyone elses. It's just something to get them from A to B.

Like one person has already said, elderly might surmise that having dents is just completely normal.

My ex's gran only drove once a week to go shopping and her car was full of dents that could only be as a result of her driving into things. One time she reversed into the side of another car when her intention was to go forward and the side of that car had such a huge dent. But she was oblivious to what had just happened other than the fact she went back instead of forward.

We told her what she'd just done. Her answer was "oh fiddle dee dee". In other words, don't bother me with such trivial things.

She could barely walk. Her hands were always trembling. She could barely hear but refused to get a hearing aid. Her eyesight was horrendous but yet again, she refused an eyetest as her eyes were fine in 1976 etc lol.

Being in the back of that car was terrifying the one time I had to be there. She never stopped at junctions and at roundabouts she'd just carry straight on, not once looking to her right and people would jam on and beep but she was oblivious.

Insane that they aren't tested once a year after a certain age.

There's a lot of things wrong with her that she doesn't tell the DVLA. And my ex used to have to renew her licence every 3 years on her behalf because she couldn't fill it in herself. Even holding a pen was difficult.

She has diabetes too. And has had many hypo episodes.

Edited by TT350

"So just when the elderly reach the age when they don’t know it’s Thursday, can’t remember if they have taken their pills or the name of their latest grandchild, they are allowed to assess if they are fit to drive a vehicle at high speed and at risk to the general public"

A paragraph from this article about elderly drivers...

Http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3163240/Why-d-ban-elderly-drivers-unless-pass-test-prove-safe-provocative-view-JULIA-LANGDON.html

Have to admit I had this a few weeks back. Admittedly I had parked in one of the child bays bht there's at least 50 of them. Was a woman with a ruddy great land rover in the next bay and a horde of unruly children. Dont get me wrong Im grateful to not have children yet but do have views on how I'd raise my own

As I came to a stop and switched the car off she walks around the front of the Z and smacks the bonnet and says "wheres your ****ing badge". Looking back I dont think I've ever gotten out a car so quickly with both barrels loaded. I tried explaining that I was tired with people damaging my vehicle's which I work hard for, to which I got told I was a selfish ****er for having a nice car.

My reply and final word as I walked away was "why do you need a land rover. Are those estate speed bumps really that big"

(Where I live is pretty densely built up, not much country etc)

No doubt someone will judge!

• Like 1

My car had a very bad day ... had it fully resprayed then had a SC fitted due to a issue with it not running right after it spent the best part of 6 months with jez while i was travling.

The day i got back i went to collect it on the way home i needed to to in pc world. My wife got out of the car and Touched a red van parked next to us ( driver was in it ) she said sorry to the guy and i made sure there was no damage he just said it's ok looked away. Anyway we come out 10 mins later my PS door has a massive dent in it and the paint is down to the metel he had rammed his door in to it more then once.

wife ofcourse blamed herself for it happening and burst in to tears it was her first day living in the UK so not the best start for her.

lucky RT can repair and respary again when i get a chance to drop it in .

I'm sick to death of other drivers treating my Zed like a bumper car. In the last year I've had some numpty scrape my front bumper front O/S taking all of the paint off whilst parked at the dentist. I was parked at my Doctors surgery when someone in a 4X4 reversed into my rear N/S cracking the rear light cluster and slightly denting the rear quarter and what i can only presume a jealous prick keying my drivers door all the way down to the black primer leaving a deep scratch approx 15" long. If I didn't love my Zed so much I would've sold it by now. :rant::angry:

i never park next to SUVs or MPVs. Had so many experiences with kids flinging the back doors open like a garden gate, which then hit my car. When voicing my annoyance, i am then looked upon as if i were Hitler incarnate. I mean, how dare i get slightly miffed at the careless actions of young teenagers that is going to cost me money.

i never park next to SUVs or MPVs.

Me neither, mainly because it's difficult to see around them if you have to reverse out, the Zed being so low and all that. You also have to keep in mind that the vast majority of owners of these monstrosities are not car nuts like us on here, they are either status symbols (mainly) or work horses (sadly not too many).

Pete

• Like 1

i never park next to SUVs or MPVs. Had so many experiences with kids flinging the back doors open like a garden gate, which then hit my car. When voicing my annoyance, i am then looked upon as if i were Hitler incarnate. I mean, how dare i get slightly miffed at the careless actions of young teenagers that is going to cost me money.

I could almost cry at this comment. Finally im not alone in thinking like this. How dare I get angry for your inconsiderate child costing me money! And worse still you not having the decency to correct them!

Im afraid the majority around here are of that ilk... where a whacking great SUV is needed for the school run when its rained slightly...

What Sargara said. Park with the crowd...you're gonna have a bad time.

At my local Asda, there's about 500 parking spaces, and only one space where no one can park next to you. Only me, and a guy who owns a classic Golf seem to have clicked on. We both seem to compete for that spot :D

Yes, I know exactly where that spot is, I sometimes see a 911 parked in it :) . I park near to where the recycling bins used to be, quite a hike up to the entrance though.

Pete

Haha, seems anyone that cares about their car parks there. But that's the general vicinity I park if it's not available. Worth the walk IMO

Another example of disrespectful kids and parents who think their little cherub should be able to do as he/she pleases...

Im the queue in Morrisons today...child beind me kept kicking the back of my knees. I kept turning round to express my annoyance then the kid pipes up "mummy that mans looking at me funny" so she positions the kid behind her, says "come here Callum" and gives me a filthy look.

The whole time she was aware of what he was doing.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

Another example of disrespectful kids and parents who think their little cherub should be able to do as he/she pleases...

Im the queue in Morrisons today...child beind me kept kicking the back of my knees. I kept turning round to express my annoyance then the kid pipes up "mummy that mans looking at me funny" so she positions the kid behind her, says "come here Callum" and gives me a filthy look.

The whole time she was aware of what he was doing.

"Accidentally" catch his face with your knee ;)

• Like 1