Unicef!!!

TT350

A while ago I made a one off donation to Unicef for the children of Syria after seeing an advert on tv.

Unfortunately, I wish I hadn't.

Since then I've recieved upwards of 10 calls a day from them hounding me for more money. Laying guilt trips on me like "Don't you have a conscience? What if it was your children?"

I've told them not to call me. There's an option when you call them to stop recieving phonecalls.

But they persist. If i don't answer they call multiple times in a row.

I know it's Unicef calling as I have a caller information app.

Anyone else had problems with these guys?

I give to Help for Heroes, never a problem.

Completely irrelevant but good info should I find myself with too much money and a desire to give it away to a pressure free organization lol.

Edited by TT350

I keep getting calls asking if iv had an accident in the last five years, usually when I'm at work.

I wasn't too busy one time so I said I crashed head on into another driver a year and a half ago and he unfortunately died on impact. I said I had received a payout but it was running low as a result of me spending it on private counsellors to try and cope.

They told me they wished me all the best and hung up, I haven't had a call from them in a while actually.

Also recently I had ordered a part from a broker for the zed, they were trying to call me to tell me they had broken it getting it off, when they called all they said was my name to confirm and I kept thinking it was another cold call and hung up on them about three times lol

Most charities are run by crooks, report them as they're not allowed to use pressure tactics.

Unfortunately this is quite true I'd imagine a lot of the time. A lot of embezzlement going on or just not enough of the funds going towards the people/animals that actually need it. :thumbdown:

There was a lot of this in the news recently, charities especially targeting older more vulnerable people to give up savings etc. There was an elderly lady who sold poppies who was hounded to her death. Report them to Ofcom with exact diaries of the calls you receive and the content.

Will never trust charity's after what happened in my town. A guy in his twenties for a good 3-4 years said he had cancer (he did at the start but was cured after a year) but continued to run charity football matches and sponsored runs due to him not being able to afford his treatment.

After his last charity match down at my school he went missing for a good few weeks later found out he done a runner with the money to Australia :(

Everyone started posting on his Facebook wall with anger and saying they would destroy him if he ever came back he then deleted his account and that was that.

Will never trust charity's after what happened in my town. A guy in his twenties for a good 3-4 years said he had cancer (he did at the start but was cured after a year) but continued to run charity football matches and sponsored runs due to him not being able to afford his treatment.

After his last charity match down at my school he went missing for a good few weeks later found out he done a runner with the money to Australia :(

Everyone started posting on his Facebook wall with anger and saying they would destroy him if he ever came back he then deleted his account and that was that.

Didn't have NHS treatment then? Or he from another country?

Mind you private health insurance is something I'm seriously contemplating.

Download an app called "Should I Answer"

Silent app that blocks marketing, ambulance chasers, charities, pretty much every pestering a-hole out there.

Beauty of it is, it's connected to an online database where users update it continuously.

You can set it to silently block calls, and not even notify you it's doing it.

Best blocker out there by a long shot.

I give to Help for Heroes, never a problem.

The fact there is a help for heroes charity is problem enough. The MOD spend billions on the means to kill folk but spend two-fifths of f@ck-all on looking after their own people afterwards. If you made those bastards pay the true cost of war we'd see a damn sight less of it.