Stillen vs ARK GRIP/HKS style - are all CBE's too loud with HFC

nub

Hi All!

Just got my Z about two months ago, came with an Ark Grip already on it. I was thinking to ad the cobra HFC also, would there be anything else i should buy along side this?

Cheers

They arent silcencers as such, they are helmhotz resonators, designed to reduce certain unwanted frequencies, back pressure is immaterial, its not forced induction where removal of back pressure is important for hp gains, which leads nicely onto and as mentioned before, forget bhp talk, its just pub banter, if 357hp is the highest figure Horsham have achieved why would you question if its true? Even if some had achieved 367 or 373, put all three side by side, the difference would be barely noticeable, so why does it matter if its 357, 367 of whatever? Sorry if thats not what you want to hear, but if your chasing dyno figures, a na car is not for you.

I also wouldnt be cutting up over a grands worth of exhaust, if you want custom sound, just go custom to start and after trying a few exhausts first hand, youtube really doesnt give much more than a guide, they sound very different in the flesh than through speakers, pop to a meet for an accurate appreciation.

Hi All!

Just got my Z about two months ago, came with an Ark Grip already on it. I was thinking to ad the cobra HFC also, would there be anything else i should buy along side this?

Cheers.

It simply depends how far you want to go really. How fast and how much you're willing to spend. Assuming the rest of the car is stock, any HFC should free up some power and the volume of your exhaust will increase. I personally have the same Ark Grip exhaust but with ART decats. You could then add a cold air induction kit for more power but at that point I think you should be getting a remap IMO which will give you even more power, perhaps over 350bhp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...