Potential future Z owner, Midlands

Hey there,

I'm Chris, 32. Midlands based and posting to introduce myself as there is a strong possibility that I will be a Z owner in the coming weeks. After deciding to scrap my current Donk (2003 Honda Civic) as I no longer have to make a 100 mile round trip to work every day, I have been looking out for something a hell of a lot more fun to use as a daily whilst I finish restoring my 1968 Mustang Fastback.

I am currently on the look out for a decent Z with a budget of around £4k, have been scouring evil bay but figured you guys and girls would be the best port of call to avoid the dogs and potentially find myself a winner so Hi!

I apologise in advance for the many questions that I'll be asking in the coming weeks but until then, I'm out

Chris

Would 5k be more of a realistic budget or am I still a chancer? Any more than that and I am starting to take money away from my restoration project

£5K is a more realistic budget yes imo but still you're looking at the lower budget Zeds.

Just make sure you check its service history to make sure it has been as well looked after as possible. They're older cars now so things will inevitably go wrong but if looked after then higher mileage examples shouldn't be a problem necessarily. ;)

Service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/

350Z buyers guide video & more here: http://www.350z-uk.c...rs-guide-fixes/

Welcome aboard. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Welcome in. £5k should get you an early Zed is good condition if you dont rush. You won't regret it :)

whilst I finish restoring my 1968 Mustang Fastback.

I am somewhat amazed as it looks like noone else read this. But pictures please!! :D

One day I plan to rebuild one of these. I am just lacking money, a garage, some tools and a clue of what to do!

whilst I finish restoring my 1968 Mustang Fastback.

I am somewhat amazed as it looks like noone else read this. But pictures please!! :D

One day I plan to rebuild one of these. I am just lacking money, a garage, some tools and a clue of what to do!

Oh wow, no I didn't. It's a dream to own one of those. Definitely put some pics up.

Good luck. I got mine only a few weeks ago. I was only considering the GT variants so my input relates just to them.

I paid top end for what I'm hoping will prove to be a good one but during my search i found a quite a few nice ones under 6k.

I did see some 4.5k ones but they were walk away jobs so I'd say you need a higher budget but someone might be short of cash and looking for a pre Christmas sale so you could get lucky a grab a bargain.