From Rx8 to 350z soon hopefully

LukeA

Hi guys

I currently have a 2006 Mazda RX8 but want something with more power so I'm looking at an 06/07 350z. I have a budget of 7k so currently on the lookout but waiting till January when insurance runs out. I'm 22 with a speeding ban so insurance is difficult for me. The plans I have so far is to get the car then take it to Horsham developments and get the plenum spacer, exhaust system, remap and coilovers, anything else you guys would reccomend? I've had a look through the forum and can't see people getting much more then 320bhp from an na.

I see a yellow 350z nismo around where I live a lot and looks nice.

Luke

Welcome along, do a lot of reading on the site prior to purchase, there are lots of stickies that will help you.

In terms of 320bhp on a DE (which most cars under £7k will be) you will struggle, I think the highest I have seen post remap with all the standard modifications is around 305bhp, most seem to net out at around 290bhp give or take once you take into account bhp loss due to the course of time and bhp you gain back from an 'uprev' (the licence name for the remap you need).

I would say buy the car for what it is (two seat front engine rear wheel drive GT car) than to expect big power gains.

Hi guys

I currently have a 2006 Mazda RX8 but want something with more power so I'm looking at an 06/07 350z. I have a budget of 7k so currently on the lookout but waiting till January when insurance runs out. I'm 22 with a speeding ban so insurance is difficult for me. The plans I have so far is to get the car then take it to Horsham developments and get the plenum spacer, exhaust system, remap and coilovers, anything else you guys would reccomend? I've had a look through the forum and can't see people getting much more then 320bhp from an na.

I see a yellow 350z nismo around where I live a lot and looks nice.

Luke

Try to get an HR 350 if you can afford it - interior is much better than earlier models and more on a par with the RX8 interior. I have had a couple of RX8's, a 350HR and now 370.

Had always vowed that I would never buy a new car - until the RX8 was launched. We were out visiting friends, popped into a Mazda dealership just for a look and came out having left a deposit.

Welcome mate, I nearly bought an r3....glad I opted for this zed though awesome, blows my old boxster s away .

Yeah I was going to go to the R3 but living to close to work is bad for the engine and fancied a change.

Anyone able to reccomend coilovers? I looked through here but seems everyone has a different opinion. I would use the car daily but would like it sporty but not back braking. MeisterR suit that?

I've also decided on the HR engine now and plan to have remap, decat + catback and coilovers done within the 1st month of owning it hopefully. Anyone else reccomend anything else I should do? I'm always looking for mods aha I see the HR doesn't need the plenum spacer from my research so guessing that's true?

Thanks for the welcomes guys everyone seems nice on here so always a bonus

Edited by LukeA

I've had meisterR's on my last car and for the price range they're about as good as it gets, then BC's - either would be great and do pop up on the Facebook sales group from time to time.

Yep no plenum spacer needed, I've opt for a couple of aftermarket drop in panel filters as you won't need to buy again and should allow for slightly better flow for longer.

Picture of the RX8 please too

David

I've had meisterR's on my last car and for the price range they're about as good as it gets, then BC's - either would be great and do pop up on the Facebook sales group from time to time.

Yep no plenum spacer needed, I've opt for a couple of aftermarket drop in panel filters as you won't need to buy again and should allow for slightly better flow for longer.

Picture of the RX8 please too

David

Okay thanks I'll get meisterR, I also looked as HKS drop in filter because I've seen the stock airbox is best. How do I upload a photo on here aha says it's too big to upload

Edited by LukeA