Oh dear Aldershot!!....... :(

Kharmon

So my car is nearly 2 years old now . Whats a surprise that my car hasnt been handling correctly for this full time !

It was in at horsham developments to get some 2 piece discs and braided lines fitted the otherday . To their surprise they found two large rubber blocks in the front springs 😮 these are designed to stop the car bouncing during transportation when new and are supposed to be removed before the car goes near the road. Yet again the nissan dealer in Aldershot have been an absoulte crap exscuse of a garage and I would avoid going their at all costs.

I would be seriously pi**ed off if that was me !

Have you confronted the dealership about it ?

Ive had so many problems with them you wouldnt believe im at the point now where I pay horsham developments to service my car even though it still should be free.

I love the car and have just decided that I am never stepping a foot in their again as id rather pay the money and have a plesant experience than have a constant battle with this dealership . The only thing I feel I can do is warn people about them.

I would be seriously pi**ed off if that was me !

Have you confronted the dealership about it ?

I agree! If these rubber blocks are only available as transit pieces on new cars then presumable they're not available to the public so they can't accuse you of fitting them. As if !

If you have had your car serviced at the same garage then even more reason they should have spotted them.

THESE BLOCKS COULD HAVE COST YOU MORE THAN AN UNCOMFORTABLE RIDE!!

I can understand why you wouldn't want any future communication with Aldershot but I'd drop them a polite email with pics of the bungs just to inform them of this error that has gone unnoticed on supply and subsequent services of the car so that systems can be put in place to safeguard other customers.

I know they probably won't give a monkeys but it would be interested to see how they respond to your polite heads up.

Then forward their poor or lack of response to Nissan head office as really there are safety issues that could be going undetected all over the show if they really are that bad.

I can understand why you wouldn't want any future communication with Aldershot but I'd drop them a polite email with pics of the bungs just to inform them of this error that has gone unnoticed on supply and subsequent services of the car so that systems can be put in place to safeguard other customers.

I know they probably won't give a monkeys but it would be interested to see how they respond to your polite heads up.

Then forward their poor or lack of response to Nissan head office as really there are safety issues that could be going undetected all over the show if they really are that bad.

Good point I'll get a nice email across . Could save others the pain in the arse ive had haha

I did this when i got my first 370z from westway nissan in oldham. Crap response then included nissan uk and funny enough they changed their tune

• Like 1

This is a common problem with multiple dealers and it's suggested that anyone with a 370z goes and checks to be sure

Unfortunately a well documented common issue as WinkJ has stated.

However these transportation blocks if not removed at PDI will effect the handling and I am very surprised that the alarm bells were not ringing regarding the poor handling that you must have been experiencing during your 2 years of ownership.

Now that it is sorted, go and have some fun in your "new" car.

• Like 1

This is a common problem with multiple dealers and it's suggested that anyone with a 370z goes and checks to be sure

Unfortunately a well documented common issue as WinkJ has stated.

However these transportation blocks if not removed at PDI will effect the handling and I am very surprised that the alarm bells were not ringing regarding the poor handling that you must have been experiencing during your 2 years of ownership.

Now that it is sorted, go and have some fun in your "new" car.

Im only 24 and ive never owned a car like this before I had a diesel vw scirocco with 144bhp before so this car has been a huge differnce and shes did seem to oversteer alot round cadwell park a few months ago . Doesnt get driven on the roads hard enough to notice understeer though haha

The blocks are on every brand I've worked for, Ford to BMW and must be removed as part of the pdi (pre delivery inspection when new to the dealership). Every dealer I've worked in has a tick sheet for this check and is signed by the technician.

• Like 1