Uncomfortable seats..

richparks

Hi all

Does anyone else have a problem with the 370 seats.

The metal bars at the side of the seats dig into my hips and it seems there is absolutely no padding on the bars other than the strip of leather.

I'm 6'3 and 18st, so I'm not small but haven't had trouble in any other car, including my 350z and a 6 hour journey to Nurburgring in an ftype.

Anyone??

Edited by richparks

Sounds like something is wrong with the seats, I'm 6ft7 and find the seats a little bit of a tight squeeze but I've never felt the metal bars or felt really uncomfortable.

I'm not too far from you (woking) so more than happy to meet up if you wanted to compare just in case your seats do have an issue.

I am 5'11 and 14st and have no problems.

There does not appear to be much padding between the seat leather and the bar and suspect that this could soon become squashed or worn away, particularly if you sit on it while entering the car. I have a technique where I put a hand on the sill plate and swivel over the side bolster because I soon realised that it could become damaged. Did not have to do this with the 350Z, seats are contoured differently.

I would suggest going to see a seat trimmer. They can replace damaged padding, may be able to add more and can use something more dense if necessary. A relatively inexpensive fix.

I know what you mean

I can feel the support bar under my right leg/ arse..

I'm about 18st too so perhaps the seats just aren't made for the more sturdier fellow

My car has only done 8000 miles so I'm sure the padding or seat isn't damaged... just a lack of product from the offset.

Same as you, I have never encountered a problem before in any of my cars

I had the same problem with my Nismo.First long trip to Cornwall,thought i my need a hip replacement.2nd trip not to bad,so can only assume that there may be a breaking in period.Either that or my arse is now the shape of a bucket seat...Hmmm now the funny looks make sense...

Yes it seems to be a metal bar on the right and on the left it's the electric seat buttons that dig in. Passenger seats seems less uncomfortable and more padding - mines only done 30k and seats are pretty immaculate. I'll have a look around for an upholsterer to see if they can add padding for a fee that won't make my eyes water

I had a 350z and I thought they were some of the most comfortable seats ever. I could drive for hours and hours and it always felt really supported.

I read up lots about a 370z and everyone was saying they seats were uncomfortable (compared to a 350z) and I certainly noticed the difference, I found them uncomfortable at first. However, I've played around with the seat so many times and I've got it about right.

Something that may help you.... When I was trying to get the seat right, I discovered a small lever half way down the side of the seat (so to the left of your chest) and turing this level increases/decreases the support right in the middle. If it's fully turned then it can feel like something is digging in your back and then if it's turned the other way that's when I felt it didn't offer enough support.

My lever is pointing upwards and towards the windscreen. if you looked at it from the passenger seat, it would be between 10 and 11.

Give that a go and see if it helps.

I have exactly this problem. I'm 6'3 and nearly 16st. My seats arnt worn or squashed, there simply isn't enough padding between the hard metal bar and your legs.

Any time I've driven it for over an hour I get out with 2 dead legs. I've always assumed being so tall doesn't help, having to sit with my legs splayed adds extra pressure I think.

I had a 350z and I thought they were some of the most comfortable seats ever. I could drive for hours and hours and it always felt really supported.

I read up lots about a 370z and everyone was saying they seats were uncomfortable (compared to a 350z) and I certainly noticed the difference, I found them uncomfortable at first. However, I've played around with the seat so many times and I've got it about right.

Something that may help you.... When I was trying to get the seat right, I discovered a small lever half way down the side of the seat (so to the left of your chest) and turing this level increases/decreases the support right in the middle. If it's fully turned then it can feel like something is digging in your back and then if it's turned the other way that's when I felt it didn't offer enough support.

My lever is pointing upwards and towards the windscreen. if you looked at it from the passenger seat, it would be between 10 and 11.

Give that a go and see if it helps.

Thanks, the back isn't too bad for me it's purely the bar on the right and the electric seat bit that just digs in.

Edited by richparks

I have exactly this problem. I'm 6'3 and nearly 16st. My seats arnt worn or squashed, there simply isn't enough padding between the hard metal bar and your legs.

Any time I've driven it for over an hour I get out with 2 dead legs. I've always assumed being so tall doesn't help, having to sit with my legs splayed adds extra pressure I think.

Yes exactly this - any more than 30 mins and it feels like an ache and if it's a long journey the pain stays for ages

I'm 6'3

I'm 6ft7

I'm 6'3

This is odd, but can I just say it's nice to hear from normal sized people.

I'm 6'6... what is it with tall people liking Zeds?

I think it's pretty good on head height, that's always what I struggle with in cars.

I put the steering wheel up which is good for the legs, but because my seat is low it feels too high.

Edited by Richesio