best photoshop to use

LDUNKZ18

basically what the title says, looking for recommendations on what photoshop people are using. i'd use it mainly for changing things on cars, colour of parts, change of wheels etc. i do have a nikon dslr camera and from time to time take pictures of other things than cars so an all rounder would be ideal.

Gimp is great if you can remember how to do stuff, but I had to write it all down to remember, and yes, its a free download.

However, Photoshop Elements has guided sections in it to help.

Try Gimp first, but if you want to spend some cash, then Elements would be best imo, if you want to move stuff around and change colours etc

......from a fellow Nikon nut :)

Photoshop CS6 is what I use, and it's great for what I need it for. It's great for anything really, it's top of the line software.

You can get Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud) on sale until tomorrow for £8.50 a month. Same as CS6 really, just you get more stuff thrown in, and it's not one huge cost up front.

Edited by Juggalo
  • Like 1

Gimp is great if you can remember how to do stuff, but I had to write it all down to remember, and yes, its a free download.

I've used gimp for years, there's a "gimpshop" plugin which basically changes all the menus to mimic photoshop which may make it easier for people who are familiar with that.

• Like 1

Photoshop CS6 is what I use, and it's great for what I need it for. It's great for anything really, it's top of the line software.

This x billionty.

If you want Photoshop, get Photoshop. There's a reason it's the default choice in the field, and whilst other programs can do similar things PS does everything better.

If you want Photoshop, get Photoshop. There's a reason it's the default choice in the field, and whilst other programs can do similar things PS does everything better.

The reason it's the default choice is due to the CMYK support, if you send stuff to print houses then sure, you probably want to use PS over GIMP, although you can get plugins to add rudimentary CMYK support. Otherwise there's not much difference to most users. Also if you're a Linux user, PS kinda sucks via wine.