The GTM Supercharged Silver Pheonix

andy james

On 25/11/2017 at 18:33, nissanman312 said:

do these make a big diffrence then

how do you find it improves the shifts 

The Pheonix has been on axle stands since Trax.

Took her out for a quick road test prior to Hunter realignment.

First impression on start up. Deep throaty noise  from transmission tunnel  from the new gearbox mount which as I have aready a plated Kazz diff didn't seem unusual.

Once I got up through the gears a few times and negotiationed a few tight corners I realised that the diff was not clunking  as much, the gearbox was so much smoother  to operate along with no vibration under hard acceleration and on over run. Very pleased with the overall result and looking to drive her after realignment.

Please do not think these mods are for a daily driver as you will think you have swapped your beloved Z for a Defender!!

As mentioned before being a stubborn bugger I took a flyer buying the Cobra Misano seats. They have only been fitted in the US due to the right  hand Z floor pan being much higher.   So as I'm not the sort of chap to be shot from a cannon at the Circus the challenge was on!

The supplied seat base from OMP sat the seat far too high to avoid the bump in the floor allowing the seat rails to pass. This also meant that the seat sat too near the door so it would shut!

I ordered another base, mounted the seat nearer the transmission tunnel, ditched the runners whiched lowered it  even further and after an AJ/Buster slot modification bolted the seat directly in the position suited for me.

The first Misano seats fitted to a uk Z!

Nice to see the newly refurbished wheels!

63DCBB04-4EE2-4784-9999-C91CC131CA1D.jpeg

F46027A1-1703-4797-9C82-A1B7FC85A9A5.jpeg

2071D427-7C40-4A5B-99A2-D77447A44BDE.jpeg

6ADAE64F-AF9E-4558-B38C-FD79D17E1394.jpeg

Edited by andy james
  • Like 3

Buster was over - he said he was so disappointed you got a new mount, he was looking forwards to cutting holes in the pheonix :lol:

Looking good mate, and yet more mods to get all that power planted in the right way :thumbs:

Drop in if your passing so I can have a look up close :)

19 minutes ago, Keyser said:

Buster was over - he said he was so disappointed you got a new mount, he was looking forwards to cutting holes in the pheonix :lol:

Looking good mate, and yet more mods to get all that power planted in the right way :thumbs:

Drop in if your passing so I can have a look up close :)

Thanks Chris. Once  the alignment has been done i will pop over to the Zed Shed.

• Like 1

Nice looking Zed! 

Sounds like your mount must’ve been knackered and well ready a change! You’re putting quite a bit of torque through it so not surprising really. I’ve tried to keep my car as road friendly and oem as poss hence trying to keep NVH to a minimum while doing upgrades that do the business hence the VT mount and OS giken diff too, yours is used more for motorsports than mine though it seems so alls good. 

Would like to see you running the car at a hill climb or sprint at some point, what series is it that you run in? And will you be doing it in 2018?

Edited by 350Butcher

9 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Nice looking Zed! 

Sounds like your mount must’ve been knackered and well ready a change! You’re putting quite a bit of torque through it so not surprising really. I’ve tried to keep my car as road friendly and oem as poss hence trying to keep NVH to a minimum while doing upgrades that do the business hence the VT mount and OS giken diff too, yours is used more for motorsports than mine though it seems so alls good. 

Would like to see you running the car at a hill climb or sprint at some point, what series is it that you run in? And will you be doing it in 2018?

I will be slithering up the hills next year.

The Zed is not a championship winning car so I have a bloody good time attending various events.

The HSA,All Circuits sprints and the British Hill Climb championship will fill my diary next year along with my show commitments to the Zed forum. 

On 11/27/2017 at 20:55, andy james said:

I will be slithering up the hills next year.

The Zed is not a championship winning car so I have a bloody good time attending various events.

The HSA,All Circuits sprints and the British Hill Climb championship will fill my diary next year along with my show commitments to the Zed forum. 

Totally get it......there's no trophies for the track days I go on but the Zed is such a great and rewarding car to just get in and drive that I can't get enough of it! 

I shall check the dates and try and get to some of these, I've got Shelsley and Prescott fairly nearby so I'll come and say hi 

• Like 1