The GTM Supercharged Silver Pheonix

andy james

1 hour ago, andy james said:

Decided to fully refurb the 5Zigen wheels.

i bought them a few years ago in exceptional condition but after scuffing the two nearside ones on the Euro tunnel and a few seasons of shows they were looking tired.

Very impressed with finish as I know Smoked Chrome is very difficult to produce.

IMG_1201.JPG

Love that 

Who did them Andy? 

Have you got those seats yet 

1 hour ago, nissanman312 said:

Love that 

Who did them Andy? 

Have you got those seats yet 

Silver Wheels in Ferndown Dorset. £312 all up including tyres off and on which I think is good value.

Seats being delivered next week apparently. 

Buster popping over to help me fit the ARBs tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 1

Fitted the white line anti roll bars and drop links this afternoon with Buster.

The front one was a right pain as the Supercharger intake pipe and the remote oil filter braided hoses made removal difficult.

Thinking the sarnie,Coke, donuts,coffee,crisps made up for it!

Thanks mate.

Gearbox mount and putting everything back together is tomorrow's job before a Hunter alignment next weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on the suspension over the weekend. New rear shock replaced the leaking unit. Wondered why the car was shimmying/porpoising under hard exeleration!

Nearside front upright lower ball joint swapped out and replaced. Thanks  to Bob the Sledge for help with removal and Chris the press with refitting! Lol

The Cobra seats were always going to be a challenge as I'd only seen these Chairs fitted in the US on left hand drive cars.I was told initially by GSM that they were too wide at the shoulders to fit into a 350z but after a meeting with the car,Gareth and a tape measure we decided that they could just fit.

Passenger seat fully installed, drivers seat in but sits too high at the moment due to the hump in the floor pan but width is not a problem. Buster and me have a cunning plan to modify the seat base.

Work in progress pics!

E2537B0A-20EC-4172-ABEB-1FB6798AB914.jpeg

D9DE93FD-3E2C-48EA-AADA-91C46E014CC6.jpeg

Edited by andy james
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, andy james said:

Cheers mate. Looked on google at a stripped out Z and think I may be cutting the hump out of the floor pan!!

Cool - can I come and watch that - the destruction of a perfectly good car just for new seats :thumbs:  :lol:

If you need the hole welded up bring her over :)

I can do it or we can let Buster have a go - he loves to weld stuff :teeth:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Keyser said:

Cool - can I come and watch that - the destruction of a perfectly good car just for new seats :thumbs:  :lol:

If you need the hole welded up bring her over :)

I can do it or we can let Buster have a go - he loves to weld stuff :teeth:

Thanks Chris. Seen Busters welding. All the weight I’d save with the new seats he’d weld back on! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

You mention replacing the gearbox mount but I cant see that you listed the one you're getting.

Thought I'd recommend this:

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/nissan/350z/724/NIS234M/transmission_mount_

Developed on my car when I approached them to sort a mount that had all the up sides with none or the downs!  I've done quite a bit of driving on it now and it supports the 'box well allowing better shifts on track with no NVH transmitted in to cabin.

9 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

You mention replacing the gearbox mount but I cant see that you listed the one you're getting.

Developed on my car when I approached them to sort a mount that had all the up sides with none or the downs!  I've done quite a bit of driving on it now and it supports the 'box well allowing better shifts on track with no NVH transmitted in to cabin.

do these make a big diffrence then

how do you find it improves the shifts 

Edited by nissanman312

10 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

I went for the Hardrace mount but not driven the car since fitting.

Bob and I finally got the Cobra drivers seat sorted today and am very pleased with the results. 

Road test and photos tomorrow.

14 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

do these make a big diffrence then

how do you find it improves the shifts 

On the road I can really say I noticed any difference......which is good as most transmit a load of noise/vibration that I really didn't want

On track a big difference, not everywhere but on hard braking/acceleration usually while cornering at the same time it could be notchy or sometimes (on braking) I couldn't get a gear at all!  Braking into the "old hairpin" at Donington was every time a problem getting 3rd. The car only had 26-30k miles on it too so the factory mount was in good shape and yet still when I fitted the Vibra Technics mount I don't get these problems any more!

13 hours ago, andy james said:

I went for the Hardrace mount but not driven the car since fitting.

Bob and I finally got the Cobra drivers seat sorted today and am very pleased with the results. 

Road test and photos tomorrow.

No probs just thought I'd drop in a recommendation in case you hadn't sorted one already.

Have really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing all your hard work and dedication that's gone in to it.......looking forward to following the on going updates

• Like 1