The GTM Supercharged Silver Pheonix

andy james

Should be quite a benefit getting up the hills "briskly" Andy.

As I moved to Cardiff last year, Gurston is no longer my closest climb, Prescott and Shelsley are now easier to reach, I'll no doubt see you sometime at the MAC Championship rounds at Shelsley.

David

• Like 1

always a pleasure to work on Andy s 350z.being such a clean and low milage car every nut and bolt is still in remarkably good conition...was a truely mammoth task yesturday but was a breeze with loads of z shed banter....glad your happy with the end results and looking forward to the pics .

• Like 1

A few pics I took yesterday. Went out in the car this afternoon and it's incredible how well the car puts down the power now.

When i exited a roundabout and floored the throttle instead of the usual vague powerless feeling I used to get it now digs in and I can feel in my back the grip and the wheels driving forward! Can't wait to try her out with the Rays shod with R888R toyos.

The downside is when I was on full lock putting the car back in the garage with the back wheel hopping and the springs doing their stuff my Mrs recons it sounded like Quasimodo dragging his club foot along carrying a knackered mattress. Lol.

Once again a big thank you to my mates Bob and Chris for doing what they do best at the Zed Shed.

IMG_1311_zps9tkclm9c.jpg

The las time she was this high I was heading for the trees!

IMG_1305_zpsskziadfa.jpg

Chris and Bob looking at a large clump of Gurston Down grass wedged under the diff cover!

IMG_1306_zpsgitnfiht.jpg

Exhaust,prop and diff out.

IMG_1314_zpsthbqhjho.jpg

Gearbox was next.

IMG_1302_zps6vg7mp5p.jpg

Bob attacking the old ACT clutch while Chris looks on!

IMG_1307_zpscrqk14bh.jpg

Is this a genuine Japanese factory marking?

IMG_1313_zpsthcrmadl.jpg

Chris took the the clutch apart so the flywheel could be fitted. We were all very impressed with the quality of the engineering by Extreme.

IMG_1318_zpsimwefu2a.jpg

Clutch and flywheel fitted. The reassembly caused the boys no problems and the clutch bled in Chris's words far easier than expected.

Awesome performance from these guys. They are out there and if you cand find them.............

• Like 4

Loving it. Pretty serious looking weapon now for 2wd classes. Any idea what you rivals will be in? Porkers? BMs?

Thanks Kieran.

The HSA puts up the competitors list as they enter which is class A 4. (2/4wheel drive).

The All Circuits Sprint Championship run by the Tunbridge Wells MC which includes a 2wd class doesn't give give you a chance to check out the opposition so I will have to wait and see what my rivals drive after the closing entry date.

I love the Kazz diff, if you mind the low speed clonking it is the best handling mod to be done imho, liking the finned cover as well.

I went with the quaife in the end but I don't think it quite gives you the shove you guys talk off

It is a more refined tho

You don't know it's there to be hounest in terms of noise

I love the Kazz diff, if you mind the low speed clonking it is the best handling mod to be done imho, liking the finned cover as well.

I went with the quaife in the end but I don't think it quite gives you the shove you guys talk off

It is a more refined tho

You don't know it's there to be hounest in terms of noise

I was waging as well to go on 1.5 plate type diff or Quaife. Since car is majority of time driven on the road and occasionally on Track I went for Quaife. A buddy which is working on my car and where my car is layed down over winter has 350z with Cusco lsd with lock set if I recall around 50%. To hear this car maneuvering outside garage, making turns in parking lot on slow speed brakes my hart and ears. Sound which are coming from different are terrifying. But when he comes on the track car is behaving perfectly

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The final part of my preparation for the coming season was tyres for the newly refurbished Rays.

After consulting Ekona our very own tyre expert and Jetpilot who has tried and tested a couple of track focused tyres on his VXR I came up with a shortlist of rubber.

1. Nangkang AR1-1

2. Toyo R888R

3. Pilot sport cup 2

Going to give these a go.

384092b1deef6d6b743cdf6e082d76d6_zpsanqikup8.jpg

Need to book a track day over the next couple of weeks for a shake down.

Yes Bob. Run a square set up.

I can alternate them to regulate wear and also the aspect ratio is smaller on the rear which lowers the gearing slightly giving me better exceleration which at Gurston and over a quarter mile the old girl gets going quicker in fourth gear!

• Like 1

Is it true that those r888r leave your fingerprints on 'em when you touch 'em?

Everyone up our way has gone for them - they look amazing. A few on the Nankangs though. Heating may be an issue but is a cold 1b not still going to be better than a cold 1a?

I'm running with some of Jetpilot's cast-offs (green with NS2s and 595s) next weekend on our practice day. A good inch shorter too so more shifting will be needed.

It's all timed, 6 splits, so should get some good data to share. Will be interesting to see how everyone does compared to last year on 1a rubber.

• Like 1

IF we can get some final bits sorted I may be in a position to join in!

Chris said to chat with you regarding the Diff and bushings with your local garage. We are ready to send the diff off and also want some info on which bushes you purchased. :)

IF we can get some final bits sorted I may be in a position to join in!

Chris said to chat with you regarding the Diff and bushings with your local garage. We are ready to send the diff off and also want some info on which bushes you purchased. :)

PM on its way Ian

• 1 month later...

Due to work,pending jobs at home,family commitments,exciting zclub meets my competition season is starting later that I intended.

Went to castle Combe on the 7th for the cars first drive in anger since the "roll over".

Well the gods were looking down on me as it was a beautiful sunny day,not to busy. Bit nervous for the first few laps but once the confidence came back it was an amazing feeling. The car feels so strong and the diff shoves her through the corners in a way I've been missing so badly since the power upgrade.

The events I plan to enter(subject to acceptance).

1. 27/28 May Gurston Down.

2. 18/ June Shelsley Walsh.

3. 29/July castle Combe.

4. 5/Aug Goodwood.

5. 26/28 Aug Gurston Down.

6. 2/Sept Brighton Speed Trails.

7. 10/ Sept Gurston Down.

• Like 2

I told you that you would love the diff on track :)

I will try and come along to a few of the events this year and cheer you on.

Is now a good time to remind you

"Push The Button"

:lol::lol:

• Like 2

Due to work,pending jobs at home,family commitments,exciting zclub meets my competition season is starting later that I intended.

Went to castle Combe on the 7th for the cars first drive in anger since the "roll over".

Well the gods were looking down on me as it was a beautiful sunny day,not to busy. Bit nervous for the first few laps but once the confidence came back it was an amazing feeling. The car feels so strong and the diff shoves her through the corners in a way I've been missing so badly since the power upgrade.

The events I plan to enter(subject to acceptance).

1. 27/28 May Gurston Down.

2. 18/ June Shelsley Walsh.

3. 29/July castle Combe.

4. 5/Aug Goodwood.

5. 26/28 Aug Gurston Down.

6. 2/Sept Brighton Speed Trails.

7. 10/ Sept Gurston Down.

Pleased to hear the cofidence is back mate, must be difficult getting back into the on zed on track after last year. Kudos to you my friend :)

Ps. If you go on track and need a human ballast, gimme a shout :p

• Like 1