Emotional music

TT350

Have good a good emotional song for you all.....Mad World from Donnie Darko. If I hear it & start singing, halfway through my voice cracks and I well up. Nightmare if I'm driving at the time lol Can't sit through the film without being reduced to a blubbering wreck either....

TBH I think I'm one of those people that makes an emotional connection with most of the music I listen to. Music can completely change my mood or performance. Can't imagine life without music! TT350, it's great you're listening to stuff you haven't heard for ages.....hope you're enjoying your musical journey of rediscovery :)

• Like 1

(FF to 1'10")

If there's a better song ever been performed on the Unplugged series, I've yet to hear it. Considering it was a cover that no-one had ever heard of, to end the show with that was brave as hell. And given Kurt's mental state around that time, and of course what happened a few months afterwards, that vocal performance is the dictionary definition of achingly haunting.
  • Like 1

Speakers on.. Bit of the legend Phil, bit of street lights dancing down a black Ferrari Daytona Spyder, bit of heartbreak, melancholic menace and crazy urban driving..

^^ after pressing play, pops out bigger if you select the bottom right picture in picture tool (next to 'vimeo')

Saw this when first aired on TV as a youth.. left a lasting impression :thumbs:

This has a sort of an emotional connection for me in the way of what I was doing and where I was.

Was watching the sun come up over the Sierra Nevada mountains as I drove through the night to get to the grand canyon with the mountains in the far distance and desert to each side of me and ahead of me just a straight black road going straight to the horizon.

The track seemed perfect at the time.

• 1 month later...

Loved the interstellar soundtrack. When I went to see it for me it fit the film perfectly. I really liked the film in a way I cant describe. Especially the scene where they're in the 4th dimension and discover time and history is stored somewhere and that memories don't just die with us. Bit morbid but I'd imagine the soundtrack playing as you pass away and all your memories and life flood into your mind like snapshots faster and faster until the darkness and suddenly the music stops.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hans Zimmer is fantastic.

I loved the Interstellar soundtrack. Perfect for the film, subconsciously keeping you aware of time with the cadence of the ticking which is important because of relativity. 

• Like 1

New Order = World In Motion. Italia 90. Was out there for the whole England campaign. Still havent got over the loss.

Edited by Payco