The Grand Tour

StevoD

I've watched each episode and to be honest it's been a bit 'meh', most of the time.

Some the reviews / features have been good. But the majority has been - boring, simple as that.

Less fanny-arsing around in the tent with faux 'acted' nonsense please. The track is rubbish and really shows nothing of the cars. More focus on car development, road trip comparisons, what car can you buy for 5k and what can you do with it?

It's been very disappointing, and that's considering that one of the strengths of Top Gear was the writing. Dump the celebrity brain crash crap, drop the '..ooh, I've had an idea!.." (that we've clearly scripted.

It's all just rather dull

The more I think about it, the more the track choice baffles me.

With the money being thrown at this, you'd have thought they'd be able to use either a real track, or at the very least a well-known and well-used airfield. Sure, that might have put paid to any secrecy, but it would've given them serious credibility.

To run cars on a 'track' that requires you to turn around and run it backwards is utterly bizarre.

The more I think about it, the more the track choice baffles me.

With the money being thrown at this, you'd have thought they'd be able to use either a real track, or at the very least a well-known and well-used airfield. Sure, that might have put paid to any secrecy, but it would've given them serious credibility.

To run cars on a 'track' that requires you to turn around and run it backwards is utterly bizarre.

I think the track is a contractual workaround, so that they could keep an element of TG... although other car shows do timed laps at circuits... It's the only explanation I have for such a terrible choice.

I've warmed to TGT over the last few episodes, although my expectations were so low after the first few it would have been impressive if they'd got worse.

Edited by Paddy78

• 1 year later...

Holly Thread Revival!

Did anyone take in S2? I watched the last episode last night and found it very good fun, properly had me belly laughing. In terms of the rest of the series a few highlights but quite a lot of lowlights. I have taken to just skipping the chatter in the studio and forwarding to the actual car footage. Liked the Jaaaags episode and loved the episode where they caught the frisky couple in their car for real up a mountain road! 

An improvement on S1 but not by much?

I'll 2nd that, I agree it was an improvement. Some of it was still cringe worthy, but the new test driver is a much better choice and the non studio bits were also good. I'll keep watching it. The new TG is back soon too right? S2 of this was better than S1

• 10 months later...