The Grand Tour

StevoD

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not a UK production, it's not aimed at a U.K. Audience and as such the press have sort of turned off. It's a US entertainment show that will probably get canned after the first 'season' as is the norm with such hyped 'shows'.

I do need to start watching the man in the high castle though.

Appreciate its not aimed at us, but its got the famous three Brits presenting it, when it got some good reviews in EP1 plenty of British media covered it and took the time to aim at CE and new TG, even though its not UK based so I think thats largely irrelevant if its a US show - its still watchable here. So why have they not reported anything since, because there is no story to be had.

I've given up tbh. The few good bits each episode has are so far outweighed by the dross that I just don't think it's for me at all. I also find it a pain having to fire up an app just for one programme, and the app itself isn't exactly user friendly (Xbone), but that's a bit picky if I'm honest with myself.

I appreciate millions will still watch, and when it's good it's pretty damn good, it's just that those bits are so few and far between.

I watched it also, NSX bit was good, Chris Harris did it better in new Top Gear though. What an utter pile of drivel the rest of it was though. Oh look a tank can fire big shells, so can a warship. It was just an utter waste of time. Surely someone has to give Wilman or whoever a decent slap around the face and get them to wake up to the reality of what dross this is turning out.

Just watching this weeks episode and the editing on the NSX has given me a right headache, mix of switching views rapidly and the choice of music.....it's like they have tried really hard to 'improve' on the work done on Wimans top gear and just over egged it.

Still watching so will reserve judgement until I've finished :lol:

Would be interesting to see if they do, the last episode was in Germany, it was all very much Clarkson going on about how the Germans make the best cars etc.

I've said this isn't aimed at the UK market and Coldel raises a good point about clarkson banging on about how good German cars are... American vehicle manufacturers are being 'encouraged' by trump to move back to domestic production... I wonder how long before he tells Clarkson and co they're 'fired' :lol:

I have a few friends who are born and bred Americans living in America, I will ask their opinion..!

They've probably never heard of them. I've got quite a few American colleagues and I've never heard them mention this at all. I still think the show is aimed st that market but they're notoriously routhless if a show isn't getting the ratings.

So they have spent $4m a show to produce a show for Americans that no American is watching. Just seems a complete mess to me, if Amazon wanted something to float in the US they should just hire loud US presenters, put American built cars on it, minimum 5 V8s per show and do mad stuff.

Interestingly with Top Gear they seemed to respond to the public view mid series and wound down certain elements and improved others. Nothing the like happening here...

hard to do when most of it was filmed months ago, Top gear used to be film the Wednesday before the Air date

• Like 1

... American vehicle manufacturers are being 'encouraged' by trump to move back to domestic production... I wonder how long before he tells Clarkson and co they're 'fired' :lol:

Well, the current series of The Celebrity Apprentice US has Arnold Schwarzenegger at the helm......and they are "terminated"....

... American vehicle manufacturers are being 'encouraged' by trump to move back to domestic production... I wonder how long before he tells Clarkson and co they're 'fired' :lol:

Well, the current series of The Celebrity Apprentice US has Arnold Schwarzenegger at the helm......and they are "terminated"....

Yeah I saw that he'd replaced the Trump and I also saw Trump taunting him over the viewing figures.

The US is vast and there's a lot of money to be made out of commercials and product placement if enough people are watching. I know TGT is relying on getting prime subscribers along with product placement but I don't think it's going to be enough.... was it 12 episodes planned for series 1, this weeks was ep9. As Steve said they are filmed months in advance so little chance of changing the format mid series and I'm doubting series 2 will go ahead. It WAS a winning formula but it just hasn't matured for me along with the silly in between sections such as brain meltdown or whatever (I fast forward that bit) are telling me it's time to let go.

It leads on the Prime website (well it does on the UK version I log into) so its getting the coverage, but the content is so poor, I cannot even see how Americans would like it?

I know exactly what you mean. I'll ask around my American colleagues to see if any are watching it.

I do wonder if part of the problem is I may have actually *cough* grown up *cough though.

Really I thought Top Gear with them in it was built on three mates, who bicker at every turn, try stupid things and make a mess of it. Each has a specific personality trait they play up to. They are good presenters, but they are not actors and the overly scripted stuff they are knocking out now is content poor and delivered even worse. And that track is rubbish...!