The Grand Tour

StevoD

YES!

Beginning was sheer brilliance, very dramatic and made perfect sense of what they were looking to achieve.

Tent braw was a bit daft, but what they have as content outside of that was great and faaaar better than TG.

Like the idea of some sport celeb drivers, as the stig was getting dull. Great work Amazon and to the 3 lads. Friday nights just got a whole lot better :thumbs:

• Like 1

Made up for by the final hypercar section. The concentration in the eyes of d'Ambrosio!

If they could just cut out the posturing 'mines better than yours' nonsense, it'd be so much better to watch. That said, it was okay, for the most part better than old TG was I think. On a par with new TG, which is a tremendous result for a new show. I'll watch again. :)

Watched this yesterday thought it was actually better than same cast in old TG, and a country mile better than Evans/LeBlanc TG. I actually found the celebrity segment quite amusing - the subtitle fixing got me in tears! TV had been missing something since these lads went off air. It's not a car show - it's watching this lot do what we all wished was our ultimate stag do week after week...

Guess I am going against the majority here but thought it was a seven out ten. Drive some mustangs in desert followed by some quite cool cars (pretty good) then they drive three Hypercars which have already been reviewed to death, M2 was quite good, American driver was pretty rubbish, celebrity bit was funny, the Air Force bit was terrible. Was some good bits some bad, hence my seven I would give it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Funniest bit by far for me was when the 918 won the electric only drag race, and for the first time Clarkson actually conceded something: "OK, you've got the best milk float" lol. Was rooting for the laferrari though, and very surprised at the McLaren's performance, or lack of. Porsche punching above its weight

Just finished watching it. Very happy with it... It's nice, no brain entertainment.

I only noticed one swear word, when Hammond said 'Sh!t'. I was disappointed with the drivers they chose, both the american and D'ambrosio, although i did laugh at the american's jokes (communist!). Not sure of the relevance of D'ambrosio... i would have preferred a Mark Webber or similar.

Happy to have the gang back on the box. :)

Fantastic opening scene :clap:

8b_the_grand_tour-1.jpg

Obviously Ford had a bit of sponsorship in there :)

or do they?

as neither the blue or white is a 'Ford' Vehicle

blue ones the G-F Rocket and the white one i think is a Roush

Either way a bloody awesome trio (minus the ugliness of the G-F)

Edited by StevoD

Guess I am going against the majority here but thought it was a seven out ten.

You and I need to go for a drink sometime, far too much agreeing going on recently :lol:

More of the same wasnt it? You know, the hackneyed old program that would have people hammering at their keyboards every week about them doing the same stuff over again, about the celebrities being a waste of time, about there not being enough actual car information .........

For me they have missed a chance to take it somewhere new, to add some ideas - its just going to be the Clarkson, May and Hammond show with some dirtier words and probably even less content than it had before. These guys arent comedians, or born entertainers and while Im happy to sit and watch an hour of them hamming about I bet it will get a bit boring after 10 episodes.

Im not saying I prefer the BBC version, but at least they have bought in a couple of real drivers, a technical guy and a few items that looked like they were trying to break the mould a bit. Nice to have the option though :)

The audience were crap IMO (canned laughter, seriously?) and the "banter" was pretty stilted, why talk to an American audience about British problems?

The new Stig is just terrible and what about the other cars in the opening sequence? Far more interesting than a Ferrari that cant be used for anything, and while Ken Block is always worth a watch I think the BBC won that little battle quite comprehensively ;)

Funniest bit by far for me was when the 918 won the electric only drag race, and for the first time Clarkson actually conceded something: "OK, you've got the best milk float" lol. Was rooting for the laferrari though, and very surprised at the McLaren's performance, or lack of. Porsche punching above its weight

I think you can take all of that with a pinch of salt. I've seen the same test that Chris Harris did on the same circuit where the P1 was quicker using the same tyres. I've also seen another test where the La Ferrari was quickest of the 3 around another track... deeply impressive bits of kit.

I watched the episode last night and was a bit disappointed. Not because it wasn't good, I really enjoyed it, I think I have just been waiting for so long that I had over-hyped it in my mind. I'll certainly be tuning in again next week and far more enjoyable than the new Top Gear... which I also enjoy watching, just not as much.