The Grand Tour

StevoD

Nothing to do with a car show and the same drivel but turned up to 11, no one I know will be watching .

Show description from Amazon:

"Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are back with The Grand Tour. A show about adventure, excitement and friendship... as long as you accept that the people you call friends are also the ones you find extremely annoying. Sometimes it's even a show about cars. Follow them on their global adventure. Episodes contain product placement."

So, 'cars' are mentioned once and even then it's in a phrase which diminishes their relevance. If you're watching it mainly for the cars, you're watching the wrong show.

• Like 1

Top Gear has alas influenced a generation of Car shows and due to it's popularity with boy's of a certain age the production company's of other once great shows tried desperately to chase ratings and tried in vain to follow suit. The result is we now don't have a proper car review and analysis show apart from Evo and there online videos, now Evo would make a cracking program as all the contributers are either racers or reviewers so revered by the manufacturers that they already get cars before anyone else hell even before there show reveal in some instances and of course the piece de resistance they discuss the mechanicals.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

really looking forward to this. I love roadtrip shows, good banter, excellent locations and camera work, should be a great show. Used to love all the top gear Christmas specials - I could watch the Vietnam special, middle east special and Bolivia special over and over again. India and Patagonia not so much. So hoping for more of the same.

Couldn't care less if they review cars or not - they could drive around in Tuk Tuks or be on skateboards, i'd still watch it. As been said before youtube and EVo are the place for serious car reviews, but even then theres only so many times you can watch a new sportscar being driven sideways around Blyton Park or Anglesey.

You can do a 30 day trial with prime.

Amazon prime video only is £5.99/month, the interface is rubbish compared to Netflix but I kept the video bit going just to see what the show was like. The car bits looked good, sadly they still kept the stupid celebrity section. Apparently Amazon spent £4.5/million per episode, Clarkson must have wished he got sacked from the BBC sooner!!

Amazon prime video only is £5.99/month, the interface is rubbish compared to Netflix but I kept the video bit going just to see what the show was like. The car bits looked good, sadly they still kept the stupid celebrity section. Apparently Amazon spent £4.5/million per episode, Clarkson must have wished he got sacked from the BBC sooner!!

i think you might find the celeb bit was a pisstake

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

i think you might find the celeb bit was a pisstake

I did, but it would have been better if they just didn't bother at all with it, let hope they don't bother with that waste of time segment in later episodes.

Edited by gangzoom

Already have netflix, not going to have both for the sake of one show.

Already on torrent sites, grab it that way :D

Torrents can turn ugly, for me Kodi has been the safest bet so far.

Just install Kodi, then add TVAddons Installer and then grad the Video Add-On "Exodus", then you are all sorted for any kind of TV viewing, be it Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.

All for free of course ;)

Better than I'd feared, there's more "acting" than usual which is only a bad thing, interesting to see what the series brings if there are genuinely "no cars" episodes. Considerably better than hearing Evans present!

It's also clever how they've called it GT, which is TG backwards.