Any one have a Stillen S/C Set-up?

taybo

Hey, im a little late to this thread i guess. I have a Stillen stage 4 S/C in my 350.

There are far too many threads all over the net crying about this S/C or the other and in most case apples are being compared with bananas and vice versa.

Choice of supercharger will depend on a huge number of personal preference or personal situation elements (price, self fitting ability, install price, sound, upgradability, etc) and comparisons can be irrelevant depending on those personal preferences, and on support mods, the actual map, the driving style etc etc /insert endless list here.

I drove 2 vortech S/C 350s before the Stillen i have now, before looking at any printouts of claimed figures and without consider who had mapped each and to which instructions/ability/preference and without considering supporting mods (or actually, compatible mods - since not all mods help) i have to say that power wise they didnt FEEL much different. One of the Vortechs seems to add the power a bit later up the revs, but otherwise they 'felt' comparable. Personally i would vote one against the other if it were mebuying one now today.

The huge difference in the 2 kits however is the sound of the Stillen!! and that, is one of preferences :-)

Thanks for the reply Blade. I have in fact now bought a stage 3 Stillen (tuner model) and I'm waiting to fit it along with supporting mods.

Did you fit yours yourself? I am planning to do mine and then get it tuned. I guess from your location you are the opposite end of the UK to me.

Hey, i bought the car with it already fitted, and apart from moving the IC, replumbing the coolant circuit (which is great on the stillen as it is its own closed loop with simple electric pump), moving the 'ECU' and gubbins, changing the fuel fittings for additional injector i haven't meddled with the install.

I think on the stage 3 you don't have the 'ECU' or uprated fuel pump and injector? So less to fit initially until you get the additional upgrades :-)