Fitted A BGW...

ash170990

so Bought a carbontrenz universal BGW from chris at tarmac sportz the other week, and got round to fitting it at the weekend.

15055635_10154627550246678_4728286872617965709_n.jpg?oh=a142c754e035399e9cc40b98fedfb87a&oe=58C1D369

Love the look of it on the car, but have to say it was a nightmare to fit, partly because of me and partly due to the shape of the car being so rounded and it having flat feet, but im looking at having a mate CNC some new feet for it when he has some spare time.

I had a look at fitting it the weekend before but come across some problems (Didnt know weather to just bolt through one skin in the boot, and didnt know how to stop water getting under the feet as there would be a bit of a gap on the outer edges) so messaged Chris asking for some advice and he was very helpful.

in the end i decided to go through both skins as after drilling the holes it seemed the outer skin is quite flimsy, but this required longer bolts. So got longer bolts but then didnt even cross my mind, but the head on the longer bolts was also slightly bigger, so we had to grind a bit out of the spoiler struts where the head will sit to allow for the bigger head.

Anyway eventually got it fitted, love the look of it on there, and am still looking at getting my mate to CNC some new feet just to close the gap at the edge.

Thanks to chris for supplying it and help when trying to fit. And plan to get some better pics at the weekend as long as the weather isnt too bad.

• Like 2